• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Explore - Castle Walkthrough

Hello, fellow Explorers! This is a walkthrough of the castle adventure for the Android app "Explore." Like all walkthroughs, it will give you all the answers. But I'm trying to write little hints before I give you the complete answers, so if you just read through it one step at a time you shouldn't be spoiled!

(I decided to separate each line with extra spaces so you don't accidentally read ahead, instead of using a white font. I don't know about you guys, but my 'droid can't highlight text on web pages, so that trick won't work if you're surfing from your phone!)

Well this is ominous. A mile high cliff? It's only "about a mile" but still. Let's see if we can find a way across.

North

A tree. Something up there?

up or climb

Awesome! I always wanted a hang glider.

take glider, down, south

Now I remember why I don't have a hang glider. I'm gonna have to use this thing, aren't I?

jump or fly

Made it! Oh crap. Crocodiles? Maybe they're vegetarians... Oh well, I'll have to find another way in.

east, north

A cabin. Nothing too exciting, but the axe could be handy.

Take axe, south, west

Moat full of crocodiles? Check. Hang glider? Check. Axe? Check. Now what...?

What else is here?

A huge tree.

What would the woodcutter do, I wonder? The one you stole the huge axe from?

cut or chop tree

Timber! Aren't we clever?

west

The castle gate and a magic scroll! Now this feels like an adventure story.

Take scroll, read scroll

Phlurf? Really? That's almost as bad as Xyzzy...

Head north into the castle and explore. You can see quite a few things without solving any puzzles for now, so this seems like the perfect place to break for part two.

I have finished the adventure, and this walkthrough only took a few minutes to type up, so I should get the rest of it done within the next couple days. Unless, of course I get distracted by some shiny object or my angry birds addiction. If this isn't updated in a week someone else is welcome to take over from here.

Thanks to Gonads who did such a great job on the cave and mine walkthroughs - your subtle hints got me past two tough spots in the cave, and I still got to feel like I was solving the puzzles! And the biggest thanks go to LavaJoe, of course, who developed this app and shared it with the world for free. Don't forget to rate Explorer * * * * * in the market!

Reactions: gonads

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones