• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Export / import all settings and apps to / from Samsung Galaxy tab

Ageweller

Lurker
Sep 16, 2014
I have just started a tablet training program for senior citizens with little or no previous digital experience. I encourage them to explore all the possibilities of a tablet -- but at the end of each three-hour session, all our tabs have changed from the orginal settings, sometimes significantly.

So device management is becoming difficult, and there might be privacy issues which we have not fully understood (I'm an oldie myself, and started with a tab only three weeks ago).

So here is what we would like to be able to do ...

1. For each tablet, create default settings and install apps we need.
  2. Export all those settings.
  3. After each training session, delete everything by reverting to factory settings.
  4. Then import our original saved settings.
So each tablet would revert to the same condition every time (the opposite of backup).

Can anyone tell us how to do it, or point us in a useful direction?

By the way -- all our apps are free downloads, we don't use paid-for apps at all.

Thank you !

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones