Exporting BS1 Contacts; Importing to Inc?General

Last Updated:

1. Jason Stix Buckley

Jason Stix Buckley Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all. Barring any complications, I will be preordering the HTC Droid Incredible on Monday, April 19th, to be shipped to me on launch (April 29th). I currently have the Blackberry Storm 1. Has anyone heard of how to import the contacts from the Storm to the Incredible? Since I will be doing the activation once I get it shipped to me and I haven't messed with the Android OS or anything with the current HTC phones or whatnot, I am not sure what it takes to get the contacts from the Blackberry to other phones.

I would sure hate to retype everyone in!

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. MathewS81

MathewS81 Well-Known Member

Just go to the Verizon website and you can backup your contacts there. I've also read that you can sync you BB contacts with gmail. Then once you get your Incredible you can sync them.

Jason Stix Buckley likes this.
  3. Jason Stix Buckley

Will do. Actually, I have been trying to get into my account pages on the Verizon site for about an hour. I am not sure what is up, but it is taking forever to get into the account manager to find where to go.

4. greggds

greggds Well-Known Member

There's a couple of really easy things you can do. I downloaded Google Mobile App for my BB Storm. Once you do that and open it up, there is a link for "apps" on the Google screen. Click on that, and it takes you to a list of apps including Sync. That application allows you to sync your calendar and contacts with a Google account online.

If that doesn't work (if sync is blocked because you also synchronize with outlook) you can use Google Calendar online to merge all your appointments and contacts. These Google interfaces will be native on Android, and once you sync your new phone with your Google account, all the information will transfer over.

5. dresteve3000

dresteve3000 Member

I have a BB Storm also I current use Google Sync on my phone to store my contact.

If you dont have a gmail account, make one. Go to the contacts page, and under "My Contacts" all of your will get synced there.

So on your phone, download google sync and check the box that says you want to sync your contacts. After it syncs with your gmail account all your contacts will be under My Contacts. Then on your Incredible, just sync it up again.

Simple.

EDIT: ha ha, someone beat me to it. ha ha.

6. Jason Stix Buckley

Thanks gang. I downloaded sync and trying now to get the contacts to sync up ... keep getting failures, so I will keep trying.

7. Jason Stix Buckley

Well, it worked, but kindof. I now have all my contacts from my phone onto my gmail account. Strange thing is that I keep getting a failed message on the phone, but it is working fine.

Probably just another glitch with my stupid BB Storm 1. lol I am thrilled that I don't have to deal with that much longer. :)