exporting GMAIL contacts with thumbnailsSupport

Last Updated:

1. boo radley

boo radley Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi folks -- I'm new to android and gmail, and can't seem to find an answer to this....

My wife and I both bought new Android phones. I've set each of us up with a gmail account, and I was able to successfully import my contacts from iTunes (I had an iPod Touch). I've spent quite a bit of time in Gmail editing the contacts and adding photos, phone numbers, etc, and would like my wife to share these as well, as a starting point....

So what I did was export the contacts to my desktop as a .csv file, then log into *her* account, and import the.csv file. That works great, except I don't have any of the thumbnail photos (which makes sense, 'cause there's nothing in the .csv file about photos).

Is there another way to share my contacts with photos, short of going through the whole process of editing each contact from her account and adding a photo? Many thanks!

Advertisement
  2. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Export using vCard format.

3. phantom6294

phantom6294 Active Member

Just tried this... exported from my Google Apps account (primary account), where nearly every single contact has a picture, to a vCard export and then imported into my Gmail account... no pictures made it through.

4. ricksan

ricksan New Member

.csv and vCard are your only real options. Unfortunately Google doesn't offer a drag-and-drop option between accounts. In fact you can't even duplicate a contact on your own account easily (like for creating multiple contacts from the same company or home address). Just going to have to bear through it (in case you haven't already).