• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Exporting Voicemail Files

Welcome to the Android Forums!

According to Verizon Wireless you can either archive your visual voicemails or email them to yourself.

Verizon | Answers to FAQs about visual voicemail

1. What is archiving?
  2. Visual Voice Mail offers you the ability to save important messages to your My Sounds or External Memory Card.
  3. Back to top

4. What can I do with archived messages?
    Now you can own your message and transfer these files to other locations for additional use. Use these audio files to store memories or for important events.
  1. How do I archive a message?
  2. Highlight the message.
  3. Press the right soft key labeled OPTIONS.
  4. Select the Archives feature.
  5. Select whether to save to My Sounds or External Memory Card.
  1. Back to top
  2. Can I send a Visual Voice Mail message to an email address?
  3. Yes, by launching the MMS application directly from Visual Voice Mail.
  4. Save the message.
  5. Launch multimedia messaging option.
  6. Add the email address.
  7. Attach the Visual Voice Mail file as an audio file.
  8. Press Send.

Upvote 0
Hello,

I have a similar request as the first post above except that I would like to export my visual voicemail files, version 2.0.19, from my Nexus S running Android 4.0.3 with T-Mobile as my provider.

In particular, is there a way to export all of my visual voicemails in bulk to my computer instead of one at a time as you instructed above? Once exported, if possible, will I need additional software on my computer to play them?

Thank you.

Bas

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones