Ext2/3 partion & swap on SDSupport

1. stanomx

stanomx Member

Hey, I am not sure if i need to create swap file (and how much if yes) on my Liquid E with 512RAM. For now i created 512mb of EXT3 and 512mb of swap partitions.
    Can someone help me? I use custom ROM LCR-f (latest) and malez recovery.
    I am new at this (searching but did not find what i want). I have moved old apps and dalvik cache to EXT3 partition.
    Thank you
    sorry for my english :D

Advertisement
  2. HustlinDaily

HustlinDaily Well-Known Member

Repartition it to create an EXT2 partition. Gengaro explains why in this thread- Ext2 or Ext3 ?? - Android @ MoDaCo (basically EXT3 is fragile and can potentially break your SD while EXT2 is solid). Malez says here that EXT3 is not useful and slower- http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liquid-liquid-modaco-com/311832/apps-2-sd-with-lcr/

Personally, I don't use a Swap partition (no real idea on how it works nor do I think that you can use 512MB).

Sooo create an EXT2 partition. Install LCR (seems like that is done). In recovery, go to the Other menu and click Move Apps+SD to SD.

Is that what you needed?
    stanomx likes this.
  3. stanomx

stanomx Member

Yes, thank you.
    Now i have little problem with market on EXT3 (maybe it is the cause of market problem)
    Mobile seems to be faster like before, and have real space for applications.