• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Extend Battery and 64GB SD Card

I know im suuuupppeeeeerrrrr late to this party, but i can confirm that a 64GB card works. I'm using a Sony 64GB Class 10 SD Card and it works perfectly. I can't speak for stock firmware but i'm using it with CM12.1. Once you insert the card, Android will prompt you to format it before you can use it. If it doesn't prompt you, then format it in the settings and you will be good to go! Hope this helps new users skimming the threads :)
So u didn't have to do any thing except just put in the 64 gig card if I read things right?

Upvote 0
I'd be careful with 64GB cards in systems that don't fully support it. I used what appeared to be a 64GB card in a tablet of mine that took it just fine, but it did something to it to make it only appear as 32GB. My tablet was all stuttery, so I went to reformat the card and I can't do it. The card is demolished. I've tried repartitioning it, too, and that doesn't work either.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones