Extend/Double Batter LifeSupport

Last Updated:

1. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. bfksc

bfksc Well-Known Member

I haven't bothered with it as my phone seems to be calibrated ok and my battery life is what I expect, lasting 2 days with light usage, and 1 full day with moderate usage. The battery life is about the same as I had with my iPhone 3G, but the Desire does more when idle (syncing), so I'm happy with the battery performance. Others who only got a couple of hours out of a charge noticed big improvements.
    From what I've read, yes it's a one time procedure to reset the phone's calibration for the battery. Once set, the phone should be able to monitor the battery info properly. You shouldn''t have to do it again unless you pull the battery alot while going through charging cycles or something else odd. Just use it and it should work fine.

3. JohnnyBravo1000

Thanks for the response, mate.

To be fair, my battery wasn't as bad as some people were reporting. I just had a spare day today so thought there was no harm in testing it out.

It does seem to have prolonged my battery so far though.

4. matttye

matttye Well-Known Member

I did that about 2 months ago, it did help but my battery seems to have degraded again since.

Although I have had the phone for 9 months now so it could just be the battery starting to die.

Battery has always been acceptable to me anyway, it lasts a day and I charge it every night.

5. JohnnyBravo1000

It seems to have improved my battery life so far. However, I was fortunate enough to get at least 24 hours heavy use from one charge. I still charge it every night regardless though.

6. speedycolzalez

speedycolzalez Well-Known Member