Extend your 30 day exchange policy!

Last Updated:

1. digitaldevil

digitaldevil Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys,

I know a lot of us are considering returning our Captivates before the 30 day window is up if there isnt a fix released from Samsung for the GPS problems. I wanted to share what happened tonight.

Went into a corporate store and explained to the manager that I wanted to simply exchange my phone for another one, being that my GPS wasnt obtaining a lock. A rep overheard our conversation and blurted out that the "Samsung rep that was in yesterday stated that they are working on a fix that will be out in the next 2 weeks".

I explained to the sales manager that the "2 weeks" was beyond the exchange period for me, and I wasnt very comfortable about waiting it out. He kindly offered to extend my 30 day exchange period, for another month. He took out his card, and wrote on the back, Captivate exchange, extended and good until 9/15/2010.

I would recommend getting into the stores and getting your 30's extended as well! It cant hurt to give Samsung a few more weeks to try and get this fix out before we start returning these phones in mass quantities.

Advertisement
    ewingr, phkowboy and Jack45 like this.
  2. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

I woke up this morning wondering how possible this would be because of the device's random shut down yesterday, not the GPS issue. I have a few days left in the original 30 (bought it on release day). Thanks for sharing your experience. I guarantee that the ability to extend will be similar to restocking fees. It will depend on the store manager.

3. Darkeligos

Darkeligos Well-Known Member

They extended it for free?

4. ~Reaper~

~Reaper~ Well-Known Member

good idea man makes sense they have more to gain by doing that over letting you return the phone

5. lionheartck

lionheartck Member

that's a store manager decision, and YMMV.