1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Extended batteries? I keep seeing various posts with tons of batteries...General

1. heyjoojoo

heyjoojoo Well-Known Member

I'm not sure which one to go with.... I see that amazon has quite a few but lots of brands and personal comments and prices...

Advertisement
  2. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

I bought mine on ebay for $10. I don't know how they compare to the others, but for the price I have been extremely happy.
  3. kevincott

kevincott Well-Known Member Contributor

I highly recommend getting a battery that fits in a silicone type case.

Don't be forced into buying your next phone until you're ready.
  4. heyjoojoo

heyjoojoo Well-Known Member

This wasn't a force purchase. It was solely my decision after leaving VZ.
  5. kevincott

kevincott Well-Known Member Contributor

You missed my point.

If you buy an extended life battery that doesn't fit in a silicone case then drop your phone on hardwood floors and break it ... I have dropped my phone many times and I do not have any carpeting.
  6. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

I have actually dropped my GSII several times on hardwood floors and sidewalks and a few scratches, but that's it :D

Some people say it feels cheap, but the reality is that it is a really well built phone.
  7. Netcat

Netcat Well-Known Member

I just ordered this extended battery, cover, and TPU case(the case is halfway down the page).

[​IMG]Trexcell Samsung Epic 4G Touch 3800mAh Extended Battery Cover Sprint Only | eBay

The case is made of thermoplastic polyurethane
    . Good price for everything, mixed reviews. I'll condition this battery before I really use it - install the new battery, use/drain it 'till the phone turns off, leave it off, plug in charger and wait till full charge, turn phone on, and repeat entire process until I get bored. Then do this once a week.

A good program for draining the battery faster is Juice Offender (not Juice Defender). Install that, check-mark everything except the vibrator and LED flash. I believe these can be damaged if they are left on too long. I use this program and can drain a full stock battery in less than an hour. I don't care what the manufacturers say, conditioning a cell phone battery helps.
  8. JaniceK

JaniceK Well-Known Member

l bot several batteries - one frm Amazon called "Magic Mobile" 3500mAh (came w/ extended back cover) , but it doesn't last any longer than the regular 1800mAh ones from EC Technology. The ECT ones are lasting comparable to the original Samsung that came w/ the phone - maybe a little better. Just my experiences.
  9. Netcat

Netcat Well-Known Member

I received my Trexcell 3800mA extended battery, back cover, and case. I've only been using it for a few days but it seems to hold a charge twice as long as my original battery! That makes sense... twice as big (3800mA vs 1800mA) means twice as long! When I install the extended battery, case, and cover, the total thickness of the phone is exactly 18mm, the same as my old Palm Centro with no case. I'm happy!
  10. godsdragon

godsdragon VIP Member VIP Member

11. Netcat

Netcat Well-Known Member

There IS one case for $8.99, it's on the link you provided above. It's the case I got and it fits pretty good! You can get it here too...

[​IMG]
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Trexc...821171?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item4161640d33