Extended batteriesAccessories

Last Updated:

1. d.knight99

d.knight99 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

OK so I love my Desire, but I wish it lasted longer.

We all know that the battery is quite frankly, pitiful, but are there any alternatives. I know there's a 1600mAh option knocking about on the web for

Advertisement
  2. Quazar

Quazar Well-Known Member

3. d.knight99

Yeah it can be alright. With moderate/light use I got 2 full days out of it, and that's probably going to keep improving over the next few days. I have live wallpapers off, all my syncing has been set to reasonable times and I don't use friendstream. It would still be nice to have a larger battery though!

4. Morat

Morat Well-Known Member

Did you do the "charge for 3 hours before switching it on" routine? I did, but I still have a pretty poor battery life at the moment. I'm hoping it will improve. For reference I'm finding it noticeable worse than my Touch HD but I still love the phone :)

5. Lukehluke

Lukehluke Well-Known Member

Battery life should improve soon as it needs some time before its perfect.

6. d.knight99

Yeah I did everything the OEM suggested. I've also calibrated the battery, switched off friendstream, changed all the update times to conserve charge and changed the screen brightness to around 30%. Wi-fi is only on when it needs to be.

I can live with the poor battery life because of all the other perks the phone offers, but in an ideal world it could be better. Does anyone have any experience with 3rd party batteries like this?

7. nekromantik

nekromantik Well-Known Member

Someone suggested instead of charging it and not turning it on when you first buy it, instead use the fone till it looses all power and then charge so the battery gets calibrated properly from 0 to 100.

That could improve battery life maybe as if you charge right away it starts charging from 40% or however much battery it has when you first get it.

8. d.knight99

Yeah I've already calibrated the battery, seemed to do very little other than make sure the phone was actually charging right up to 100%

9. bazza

bazza Active Member

My only experience of an extended battery was one i bought for an N95 8gb it was supposed to be a larger capacity but in truth it was a heap of junk. I certainly wouldn't pay the near