• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Extended Battery -- 30 hours in, 55% life remaining!

Ecks

Jun 17, 2010
Just thought I'd give some encouragement to those who are on the fence about the verizon extended battery. After a day of pretty good use (lots of texts, lots of market browsing, several gmail emails replied to, 2+ hours of games played (solitaire, tower defense, puzzle games, etc) I am sitting today at being unplugged for about 30 hours (give or take 15-30 min) and my battery widget is reporting 55% left. A substantial increase over the stock battery, which I couldn't get more than maybe 8-10 hours of use before my phone would die.

I'm hoping to make it to the 60 hour mark before having to recharge. Just very relieved -- I travel often and didn't want the burden of day-time charging while I'm away.

Also, I'd like to say that letting your phone charge fully while turned on, then unplug it, turn off the phone, and charge it another 30-60 minutes, it will add much more life to the battery. Just a note for anyone who's going to be away from a charger for an extended period of time. Also, I did let the extended battery fully discharge after the first full charge.

* No task killer
* Using Launcher Pro
* Wifi only on when I'm at home
* 1 minute screen timeout

Considering the 2150 is 65% more mah, I must assume then that the OP got about 10.5 hours with the stock battery and still had 55% life remaining. Which suggests the OP does not use the device much.

Just some brief browsing through the day, a few calls and a few games & music got me to almost 10 hours with stock, but only 10% juice left.

Still, in order to get the relative performance the OP describes, the extended battery would need to be about 3600mah? At least in that range.

Everything is relative.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones