Extended battery BH6XAccessories

1. 1200hd_cj

1200hd_cj Member

My BH6X battery just recently got here and my stock back door still fits. Is there anything that can happen to the phone because im not using and extended cover? I am also using a Trident Kraken case on the phone thanks for your opinions and experiences.

Advertisement
    :
  2. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

You should not use the stock cover.

The stock cover puts extra pressure on the battery, which is transmitted to the screen and components around the battery. This is a very high density device - things are packed tightly together. Putting extra pressure on the components is a bad idea. At best it will make it easier to break if you drop it. At worst it is doing damage over time as you use the device.

There are many who say that you can go ahead and use the stock cover. Just because it fits, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
  3. 1200hd_cj

1200hd_cj Member

so should i just sell the battery then because i dont think the extended back door will fit in any good case?
  4. binary visions

5. 1200hd_cj

1200hd_cj Member

Thanks for the help. I just took off my back door so it shouldnt be a problem.
  6. binary visions

Not to make things more problematic, but be wary of removing the back door. Dust, dirt and moisture has a direct path into the back of the phone that way.

If you're careful with it, it might be a risk you're willing to take... but it is something to think about.
  7. 1200hd_cj

1200hd_cj Member

well like i said i have a really great case so im not so worried about that and I am always extra careful. lol.
  8. BabyDoc

BabyDoc Well-Known Member

A couple of great cases that will fit the Droid X, even with the extended battery door, are the Platinum Series Case sold at Best Buy made by Seidio; the Defender Case made by Outerbox will also work with the extended door, even though the specs for the case say it won't.
  9. Chaznsc

Chaznsc Well-Known Member

What about electric "shielding" concerns like in a pc? I surely wouldnt run this without it being covered.
  10. sic0048

sic0048 Well-Known Member

Personally I would be surprised if any case DIDN'T work with the extended battery. We are only talking 1mm extra bump out the back. No additional width or length added. The back of the camera sticks out because of the camera anyways. I doubt any case is so form fitting that it could not handle the extra 1mm.

From what I've read, you can even use the extended battery with the car dock and desk dock. If anything had close tolerances, it would be the docks. The cases should be even more forgiving.
  11. Wally World

Wally World Well-Known Member

Most tight cases will NOT work with the extended battery and extended door. Look for a case with the hump where the battery door is. This might be a sign it will work. I got a $3 rubberized plastic case from ebay that just barely fits with the ext. battery and door.
  12. Napalm

Napalm Well-Known Member

If you decide to sell it, PM me. I'm interested.
  13. Rev. Po-Jay

Rev. Po-Jay Well-Known Member

Can someone verify that the extended battery door works with the dock?
  14. JD2008

JD2008 New Member

I am wondering if the Trident Kraken or Otterbox Defender cases fit on a Droid X with the BH6X extended battery with the extended door?