Extended battery coverGeneral

Last Updated:

1. mikefla

mikefla Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys I bought a extended battery and cover for my eris off ebay...Well the new cover did not have the wide camera hole in it like the factory one does, and when i turned my bar code scanner on it fried my camera. So now im looking for a extended battery cover for it that has the same type of camera eye as the factory one any help? I just got my new Eris in the mail yesterday under warranty dont want to mess this one up lol thanks Mike

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

3. mikefla

I havent Frisco, but if you look at that camera window its not nearly the size as the factory one.. that is actually the same size window as the one i have.. but like i said when i put that cover on my phone and turned on my bar code scanner my camera got red lines all over it and then the camera had like 4 diffrent windows in it in puzzle form.. kinda werid i asked a guy at the verizon store he said that the wide window is for the laser in the bar code scanner?

4. Frisco

I just looked closer at that, mike; by golly you're right. It appears the 3500 battery cover is not well designed for the Eris camera.

I would not use the scanner with that blockage; it seems you're risking damage each time you do that.

I'm sorry I could not help with that, but I'll do some searching around the 'net; perhaps there is a better one out there. If so, I'll post a link here.

mikefla likes this.
  5. mikefla

thank you im also looking no luck yet i just really need the bigger battery or i wouldnt bother... thanks again for helping

6. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Poppycock. I use the 3500 cover and my camera works perfectly fine. The hole is the exact same size (or at least very, very close) to the stock one.

Unless he has a defective cover (or I'm reading the thread wrong), I think there is a bigger problem at hand.

[​IMG]
    Side by side comparison

7. Hiroshika

Hiroshika Well-Known Member

Exactly, the only difference is theres a plastic thing on the outside of the stock cover. Either way, i dont see any possible way of frying your camera due to a cover. The camera would function perfectly fine even if you put your finger over the bare lens. It would just take a picture of your finger.

8. mikefla

what im getting at is the glass ring around the factory cover? it was just wierd i changed covers turned on the bar code scanner and boom the camera went crazy?

9. mikefla

anyone got these covers using the barcode scanner?

10. eddieg

eddieg Well-Known Member

I dont think the cover is your problem they look the same to me. Maybe its the bar code scanner.

11. eddieg

eddieg Well-Known Member

I think the glass ring is just for looks.

12. Demache

Yeah, my barcode scanner still works.

Just using the plain ol' Barcode Scanner app.

13. mikefla

hhmm ok im just little nervous about messing up another phone but maybe ill will give it a go tomm

14. Frisco

:D That and "balderdash" always bring a smile to my face.

Anyway, the structure around the outside face of the stock battery cover had us fooled (the OP and me) into thinking the actual cut opening is larger than on the 3500mah battery cover.

To add false credence to that, he reports a barcode scanner problem with the fat battery cover but not with the stock battery cover (presumably).

Mike, sorry if I inadvertently misled you; those pix had me fooled too. But it does appear that you are fine with the fat battery cover you have and you may need to download and try out either another scanner or perhaps just delete then re-install the one you're using.

Good luck and please post to let us know how things work out.

15. mikefla

ok tks will do

16. snorander

snorander Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity, what kind of life do you get out of the extended battery? I get about 24 hours out of the stock battery.

Thanks,

Steve

17. mikefla

well i use my navagatoion alot at work so the gps will kill my battery if i have gps on and wifi on my battery is dead in 3 hours. The extended usally last me around 5 or 6 hours

18. byteware

byteware Well-Known Member

If I'm not using GPS, then I can generally get about 2 days out of the extended battery.

19. snorander

snorander Well-Known Member

Cool, thanks!

20. Demache

I read your thread, and said "Poppycock!" out loud. It just sort of came out nowhere.

And my extended battery can generally last 2 days with with relatively heavy use.

I took it on a bus trip to New York. With some relatively conservative use and putting it in Airplane mode, I used it for near 24 hours straight listening to podcasts before the phone shut off.

21. mikefla

well guys i put the cover back on my new phone and downloaded the bar code scanner and it works fine.. I guess it must had just been right timing when my camera took a poop on my old phone i dunno?? lol but anyways so far its working just fine..... man what a headache for nothing lol thanks everyone