Extended Battery Eris - 3500mah vs 1750mah?Support

Last Updated:

1. aybstr1

aybstr1 New Member This Topic's Starter

I've been looking for an extended battery for the HTC Droid Eris. I've seen the Seidio 3500 mAh extended battery and the Seidio 1750 mAh extended battery. I don't exactly know the full difference between these two batteries... Can someone please help me understand these two batteries?

3500 mAh:
    Amazon.com: Seidio Innocell 3500 mAh Extended Life Battery for HTC Droid Eris: Cell Phones & Service

1750 mAh:
    Amazon.com: Seidio Innocell 1750 mAh Battery for HTC Droid Eris to Seidio Innocell 1750 mAh Battery for HTC Droid Eris/Droid Incredible: Cell Phones & Service

My main questions are:
    1) How much battery life approx. does each add?
    2) Benefits of each battery?
    3) Which you suggest?

Advertisement
  2. blazindroid

blazindroid New Member

I've got the 3500 mAh battery and love it! I don't need a charge for two days! I read about the 1750 and it only lasts about 3-5 hours longer than the factory battery, although there's no new extended battery door needed for that battery. I used to unplug my battery at 630 am, and plug it in again by 330 pm. On this new 3500 mAh battery, I charge it every other night! Bought it on ebay for about 60 shipped.

3. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

If your a heavy user, the 3500 won't disappoint. You can hammer hard on it all day, and you will probably only get down to 50%. The only negative about it is that it adds more "depth" to the phone's size, so it won't work in almost any case for the Eris. However, if you don't use a case, this will be a non-issue for you.

The 1750 is a good choice also if you don't want to ditch your case and use the stock battery cover. However, like the guy above me said, it will probably only add a few hours to battery life (which may good enough, depending on how much you use the phone).

4. Sevee

Sevee New Member

3500 extended battery is THE best choice regardless. The added thickness of phone feels great. I haven't charged my phone in three days and it is still half charged!! For and additional $13.00 it is well worth it.

5. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Well-Known Member

The exact difference is that the 3500 has twice the juice of the 1750. Many of the 1750s by Seidio (I say many but it may be all) are no bigger than the stock battery, which is nice. The 3500 batteries all need a sepparate backplate (that seidio includes) which does make your phone quite a bit thicker.