1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Tips Extended battery for admire?

1. Toastrman

Toastrman Well-Known Member

Hey guys. I'm looking for an extended battery for my admire. The only problem is, I really dont know what I should be searching for on google :p. Does anyone have an extended battery that can assist me? Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. nintendo4

nintendo4 Well-Known Member

you can try the MetroPCS store. Guy was selling it for 50 bucks (a rip off but guy got make a profit) or look on amazon its 20 bucks there.
    http://www.amazon.com/QCell-MetroPC...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00757FAII
  3. SongSpinR

SongSpinR New Member

I got one off Ebay for $13.95 including a wall charger that supposedly charges the battery when out of the phone and a new back cover to hide the fatter battery. My question is how do I install the battery in the charger? The charger has 2 contacts that move. the battery, either the original or the extended life battery that came with the charger, both have 3 contacts and the charger has a blue light illuminated when ever it is plugged in, no matter which contacts are being contacted or without a battery all together. Do I use the outside contacts, the left and center or center and right? Does anyone know? My phone will NOT recharge a battery at all. Both my parents have the same phone and I can remove my battery, put it in one of their phones and recharge it, but mine will not. I have new cords, i use the cords that my folks use that work for theirs and now I have the wall charger that didn't come with instructions. I'm a patient person but this is becoming a real drag!
  4. lg5productions

lg5productions New Member

Toastrman,

I bought this recently and have been using it just about a month.

http://www.amazon.com/Aftermarket-Extended-Replacement-Faceplate-SCH-R720/dp/B005XV41L0

After following the charge, deplete completely, then charge again cycle for three movements, I can happily say it works great!. The battery does make it a bit heavier and they do provide you with a new cover, but still no luck finding an actual cover that fits the phone completely yet. I can charge it at home before bed, and leave it on till the morning and have an 85% battery left. (I also have an app that automatically saves power by shutting things down on a timer, so that also helps. GOPOWER MASTER 2.5) Then I take it into the car and use my GPS along with Bluetooth for approx 1 & 1/2 hour drive and get to about 55-60%. Pretty dang good as before I had to charge in the car after only a half hour dropping to 50% battery

Metro originally sold me a clear gel cover for the unit pre extended battery. It still covers mostly, but is a bit short on the sides where the SD card sits. It does cover the top and bottom, so I use it for now as a precautionary measure until I find something better to protect the phone in general. @ 11.98, couldn't beat the price.

Hope this helps!