Extended battery - good or bad?

1. jim_h

jim_h Well-Known Member

Hi,

I keep looking at an extended battery for my Hero. The one I've seen is 2200mAh and comes with a new rear cover for around

Advertisement
  2. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Not so sure about the hero but I remember someone with a magic bought a similar battery and there phone can go for about 2 days compared to one which is a real improvement :)

Shame I think the extended batteries and there cover's make the phones look so ugly :p
  3. jim_h

jim_h Well-Known Member

It's the idea of having a much thicker phone that's putting me off, but the added battery life would be great to have. Decisions, decisions!! I'm like Mavis from Open All Hours! :p
  4. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

I went and bought a 3000mAh battery (For
  5. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

6. vjprakashbe

vjprakashbe Well-Known Member

7. thisnameistaken

thisnameistaken Well-Known Member

That's a good point. It's not like your stock battery and cover are taken away from you when you buy a bigger battery - you can still use the stock bits when they're more appropriate and just use the juicy bits when you need them.

Could be really useful for weekends away and stuff.
  8. Arthur Hucksake

Arthur Hucksake Well-Known Member

9. rizzla

rizzla Well-Known Member

10. daveybaby

daveybaby Well-Known Member

An alternative to a larger battery for occasional use is to get a powermonkey. Upside being that as well as recharging your hero it will also charge pretty much anything else you have to hand.
  11. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

12. crish

crish Active Member

I also got the larger battery and extended cover, it lasted about a day as i couldnt put up with the size of the bleedin thing, my hero was no longer cool..
    I've since got a 1750mah standard size one from ebay for
  13. rizzla

rizzla Well-Known Member

1.30am and its still got a 50% charge with the 3000mAh battery. Had wifi on all day and I was playing a few games. I can easily live with the slight bulk when I simply know I don't have to worry about battery life.
  14. Steve Adams

Steve Adams Well-Known Member

I think im going to pick up 2 extended life batteries, when im on motorcycle, i use my hero as gps so, i think this would be great.
  15. Russ.htchero

Russ.htchero Active Member

Just bought a 2430maH battery of Ebay, Ill report my findings.

Currently on 16 hours with my 2 year old stock battery. With Medium to low use today
  16. Russ.htchero

Russ.htchero Active Member

New Battery 2430mah on Friday.

Lasted 1 day 6 hours and I absolutely hammered it. Downloaded apps browsed the net for 45 mins used the navigation you name it I did it.

Very impressed. Its like having a new phone lasted nearly all weekend.....:eek: