• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Extended Battery Issue?

Hey all,
I just purchased an extended battery (Andida brand, 2250maH). It came with a wall charger that seems to be working fine with my other extended battery. So I put the new battery in my Samsung Galaxy s2 skyrocket and it doesn't turn on, so I go to charge the thing. When I plug the phone into my charger, it starts to vibrate every 3 seconds or so. When I put my stock battery back in, the phone works fine. Is this a battery issue? Or does the battery simply need to charge? I should also say that when the phone is plugged in with the extended battery, it won't turn on. Thinking this is weird... Any help is appreciated!

Hey all,
I just purchased an extended battery (Andida brand, 2250maH). It came with a wall charger that seems to be working fine with my other extended battery. So I put the new battery in my Samsung Galaxy s2 skyrocket and it doesn't turn on, so I go to charge the thing. When I plug the phone into my charger, it starts to vibrate every 3 seconds or so. When I put my stock battery back in, the phone works fine. Is this a battery issue? Or does the battery simply need to charge? I should also say that when the phone is plugged in with the extended battery, it won't turn on. Thinking this is weird... Any help is appreciated!
Aftermarket batteries are hit or miss, that's why Samsung (all phone manufacturers) you only use their batteries. It also voids your warranty to use any other batteries (not that they could prove it).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones