• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Extended Battery (Opinions?) and Bigger Cases Available?

celluloid

Lurker
Dec 19, 2012
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone had any specific opinions on the 2600-3800mAh batteries that are sold as extended replacements for the ZTE Score. I am dealing with the deplorable battery life on the Score and want to explore my non-software options first, then try using the "Juice defender" and other battery life related apps.

I have a few specific questions regarding them as well:
-Just how much longer do these extended batteries add to the life? 3800mAh is more than double the OEM batteries rating.
-Can they be charged with the regular zte micro usb charger?
-Why do some sellers include the aftermarket charger (can they only be charged with this particular charger?)
-Any cases w/ screen protectors exist for phones sporting this extended battery? Most case makers do not take into account buyers with extended batteries and bigger back plates to support these larger-than-oem batteries

i have a 10 dollar free shipping 3800mah from ebay.
battery life is not the best for $10 but it can make it the whole day..(moderate use!)
i have never seen any cases for extended batter but the battery does come with bigger back cover to accommodate the extended battery.
the battery i bought did charged with regular zte stock charger, it also charged with any regular usb cable.
as for the screen protector i simply use regular old 1 1/2 inch wide clear tape!!

this is only coming from what i have experience!!
hope it helps you!

Upvote 0
well that settles it then I'll be picking up that extended battery with custom backing.

thing is i all already bought a real hi quality case that probably will not fit with the bigger battery which is not a huge issue but i don't want my phone getting banged up no custom cases exist for phones fitted with the bigger battery such as yours. i have seen such cases for the galaxy's3 line of phones so maybe something will come out eventually

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones