• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Extended battery w/stock cover

So the bigger the number the longer the battery should last, is that correct? How much longer do the 1800 and 2000 batteries last, compared to the stock battery?

The number is milliamp hours, meaning you could run a 1500 mah battery at 100 milliamps for 15 hours. Running the same charge on an 1800 mah battery you would get 18 hours.

Reactions: SMALBA
Upvote 0
Hey thanks for the info. One more question, if i buy just a separate battery, can i just charge it in my phone and when its 100% done take it out and put my original back in and use my spare battery later on that day or night? Will the battery still have 100% charge or does it somehow drain by just sitting outside the phone?

Upvote 0
Hey thanks for the info. One more question, if i buy just a separate battery, can i just charge it in my phone and when its 100% done take it out and put my original back in and use my spare battery later on that day or night? Will the battery still have 100% charge or does it somehow drain by just sitting outside the phone?

It will drain, slowly. I would expect a full charge if you charged it up, waited a month, then popped it into your phone. I am not certain of the rate of discharge though.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones