Extended battery?

Last Updated:

1. benzfreak

benzfreak Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone know if there is going to be or if there usually is an extended battery that will eventually be offered for this phone?

And if so, you think they will be able to keep it slim or am I going to have a giant brick in my pocket if I use an extended battery?

Advertisement
  2. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

Keep an eye out for Mugen to possibley come out with one. It doesn't look like Seidio will.

Samsung

With current technology, any significant increase in mAh rating will require an oversized battery.

3. mesasone

mesasone Well-Known Member

What makes you think Seidio won't put out an extended battery option?

As to the width of the phone - I suppose it will depend on how big of a battery you want, among other things. If you want one of the 3500mAh monsters (Captivate comes with at 1500mAh battery)k you'll definitely need a new back - Seidio claims those batteries "only" add 6mm to phones - of course, the Captivate is only 9-10mm to begin with, so...

But it may be possible to achieve a more modest capacity with out requiring a new back. Perhaps 2000-2200mAh (just a shot in the dark there).

4. colnago

Do they have any extended batteries listed along with any of their other Samsung compatible accessories?

Mugen does.

5. mesasone

mesasone Well-Known Member

Neither vendor is actually selling a battery period, so where or not they have a listing up seems moot.

6. ranova

ranova Well-Known Member

I bet the more signups for alert on availability, the more likely seidio will create something:
    seidioonline.com

7. colnago

Mugen has a history of making extended batteries for Samsung devices, Seidio does not. Their are several models which did not have extended batteries available "when released". That does not mean that Mugen won't make one for the captivate. It took 4-5 months for Mugen to come out with a battery for my Nokia, and Seidio took a few months to make one for the Droid.

"If" one will be made, it will most likely come from Mugen. Its not just the battery which has to be made, but sometimes the back cover as well.