Extended batteryAccessories

Last Updated:

1. Darkhan

Darkhan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just got the 2200mah battery from Verizon and I seen someone post they had it and could use the original back.

Not true look at photos! Its Huge and was hell to remove after it got in there. I am taking it back and waiting for seidio to release a slim.

Attached Files:

Advertisement
    saps likes this.
  2. Bearly

Bearly Well-Known Member

Hmm, I wonder why they said it could fit within the stock cover?

That battery does NOT look like it could fit within the stock cover...

I think the poster was Jedii. Don't mean to put him on the spot, but I'm sure that was the person that mentioned the extended battery fitting within the stock cover.

3. TheXFactor

TheXFactor Well-Known Member

Is that the new back cover they give you with the battery, the think wrapped in plastic? If it is, all I can say is damn that's nasty looking.

4. Jedii

Jedii Well-Known Member

Yes it was me. And if you took the time to re read my posts, i admitted that i had a REVIEW unit and that i was terribly mistaken. The back on the review unit i had doesnt look anything like the regular off the shelf back that the fascinate comes with. Again, i do publicly apologize for my error. But as i said, i went thru and edited the post i had stating that the battery would fit.

5. Darkhan

Yep it takes this sleek great phone and turns into a TURD.

Needless to say I took it back.

6. SirKronan

SirKronan Well-Known Member

Holy ugliness, Batman....

7. Bearly

Bearly Well-Known Member

I did. Again, I apologize if it sounded like I was trying to send an angry mob your way.

Didn't know the review unit would be so different!

8. howdy

howdy Well-Known Member

wow, good luck selling those things! UGLY.. somebody should have a 1750 that fits I'd think.. 1500 seems pretty good so far..

9. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Wow that is some serious size there. I was considering this if that rumor was true about fitting the stock cover. Man that more than doubles the thickness. Im glad Im getting the battery life I am getting because it means I wont have to get this belly buster

10. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

After playing with every extended battery available for the Incredible . I Find that an external charger and extra battery is much better 90% of the time. Although I get 18-24hrs of usage from the stock Incredible Battery .

Sounds like the Fascinate gets the same battery life as my Incredble out of the box. It took a lot of tinkering with root, roms , kernals and setcpu to get that usage .
    I'm getting pretty stoked to make the switch to the Fascinate the more I Read

Mikedroid89 likes this.
  11. Bearly

Bearly Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's funny because I read someone say that the first week or so won't be an accurate representation of battery drain because you're playing with the phone so damn much. Very astute observation.

Playing with the phone literally every 10-15 minutes, I got from 7:15 am until about 8:15 am. Lots of browsing, texting, picture taking.

I bet that battery life will get even better because:

A) I'll be playing with the phone less (hopefully!)
    B) The battery should be "conditioned" after about a dozen charge-discharge cycles

Honestly, for how slim the phone is and how power hungry the screen is - negated by the fact that you can turn it down almost all the way and have it be as bright as the Incredible on the highest screen brightness - I'm amazed the battery can last so long.

I may get a second, stock battery with external charger, just in case.

12. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

Yeah I enjoy having a 2nd battery it allows me to not have to worry about my phone dying and I hate pluggin my phone in to anything with a wire . So I never plug my phone it just alternate batteries . And if I end up not going home for a day or two, my backup battery makes it all good

Mikedroid89 likes this.
  13. seanatsb

seanatsb Well-Known Member

F@#!, I just ordered the extended battery with my new Fascinate last night. I read the posts last week, that said it fit. Didn't feel like re-checking last night before I ordered, and came across this post this morning, and the phone and battery have already shipped.
    Damn me for being lazy.
    Hopefully VZW will let me return it??

14. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Yeah just don't open it and you can return it

seanatsb likes this.
  15. papamarik

papamarik Well-Known Member

I got the 2200 extended battery and don't think its huge, its decent and provides good amount of power comparing to the standard one. By the way, I ordered and receive it for $45 shipped from here Samsung Fascinate Extended Battery (2200 mAh)

16. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Opinions vary but these 2 pictures are worth two thousand words:
    [​IMG]
    vs
    [​IMG]

17. ghdtpdna

ghdtpdna Well-Known Member

I lol'd.
    Anyone who does not think that is huge is either a blind or a liar.

18. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Yeah that much size should be more than 2200mah, 3500 or something. 12 days into ownership and there is no reason for me to get that big belly. Im easily making it a full day with as much use as I want. Plus I got a second wall charger, car charger and usb only cord from amazon for just a few bucks in case of emergenices. Since I stopped using live wallpaper and removed a bunch of bloat my getting even better battery life than before

mrs.duck likes this.
  19. mrs.duck

mrs.duck Member

I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong phone thread, but you guys seem to know what you're talking about and giving actual empirical data.
    I've spent too many hours searching, tinkering, uploading, downloading, xxxing with my Droid. I'm done. I want to buy a spare battery. I see some of you have Droids. COuld you Please help me with battery-for-dummies low-tech just wanna have juice question:
    which extra battery should i get (that i can carry around and switch during the day). i have a wall charger to start off with 100%, just bought car charger (other broke), don't use computer much so usb won't do much.
    Do i just buy any battery? could someone give me a model--all I know is it has to be lithium and get lost when we get into numbers. And, stupid, stupid question...how do i charge the batteries once they die if i don't charge them while they are on the phone. is it like a camera battery charger where the charge comes directly from the wall socket?
    Please be nice and patient....I really am looooww tech, but willing to learn. :)
    and thanks e/o for sharing!

20. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Well this is quite off topic for this thread and forum but I'll throw you a bone. The battery must be charged in the phone. Its not like many camera batteries which have an external charging station/unit. You can try to find deals on batteries on various websites but in your case it might be best to just go into a verizon store and ask for a second Droid battery. Usually a phone battery charges from dead to 100% in a couple hours.

21. mrs.duck

mrs.duck Member

Thanks for the bone, Saps. I apologize to all, but I saw a couple of Droid users and you guys were straight forward and looked like you knew what you were talking about. Thank you and will do as you suggested.

22. Darkhan

23. Darkhan

Verizon has a spare battery and charging cradle for 39.99 . I just bought it, will be perfect for when I travel.

24. Zegapain

Zegapain Member

I guess if you were a chick who could carry it in your purse the extended battery wouldn't be a problem.

25. Darkhan

Or your laptop bag when traveling. I travel weekly so this way I can watch movies and stuff on the plane and not worry about draining all my battery.