1. Good things coming in just a couple hours, stay tuned!
    Dismiss Notice

extended battery

Last Updated:

1. Jacmeister

Jacmeister Member

Hi guys

looking at buying an extended battery for my N1. I have seen the seidio ones that come with a replacement back but i dont want to alter the cool appearance of the phone. I know that there are slimmer ones on the market that will enable me to keep the original back but not as long battery life as the 2400 mhz, but has anyone had any experience of using the slimmer ones. If so, can you recommend any.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. safeplayer22

safeplayer22 Well-Known Member

Okay here is what i did...i called HTC last week and told them that my battery on my N1 is not holding the charge very well and asked (nicely & ignorantly) if the warranty will cover it and the rep just asked me for the IMEI number, my name and adress (for shipping purpose) and said "we'll send a new battery out to you now"...i said thank you very much.

Got my battery 2 days ago via fedex...no problems whatsoever. Luckily i had bought a cheap battery charger off ebay for like $5 from china...yes it charges slow but it works. so I have a spare ORIGINAL battery to use.

I don't like the longer bigger battery cause it makes my phone too bulky.
  3. razvan06

razvan06 Well-Known Member

i have a guy that works at HTC service Romania ,i also asked him about a bigger batt ,he said that for Nexus and Desire there are no official bigger HTC ones ...at least for now
  4. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

The OE sized but higher capacity batteries are a con, there is a site that reviews batteries and they all came with less capacity than the stock one.
    Jacmeister likes this.
  5. Jacmeister

Jacmeister Member

Rusty

thank you, best answer then is to buy a spare normal N1 battery.

May I be so bold as to ask you whether in your opinion a Task Manager app drains the battery more than when you do not have one installed. Have read a few posts that claim that they use more juice than other apps. I am running stock.

Cheers
  6. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Seems the jury is out on them really, some claim benefits, others detriment. Personally, I don't use one.
  7. razvan06

razvan06 Well-Known Member

rusty is right ,there is are a lot of different opinions abut using and not using a task manager.
    me ... i used task managers and start-up killers ,personally i like my phones speed better without them [there is a slight increase in batt life too ,but not significant].

my advice would be if [you don't mind using the N1's own task manager] ,to keep away from them.
  8. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

You can do a quick test, uninstall your task killer and be task killer free for a week. If you don't see ANY change or even better battery life, than your task killer is not needed. Now if you ARE getting WORST battery life...I would lean towards the fact that there's a badly written app that you were killing when you had task killer but are now constantly running. If that's the case, best action is to go through your app and find the rouge app and delete it.

Roze's $0.03
    Jacmeister likes this.