• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Extended Battery

I went to the same place I got my holster to buy one for IMUcarmen - but they were sold out of them! At least I tried. :(

o well. I don't have the money right now for the extended battery anyway. I've been using tune in radio a lot lately and it would be nice to have a battery like this but since I work at home i can manage. Thank you for trying though man.

Upvote 0
How about the charging? How long does it take to charge?

from the website:

Have you done that? Does it really help?

Yes, I did it.
Yes, it really works.
No, I have no idea why - other than to guess that the software has no idea what a 4000mAH battery is - and this juices it all the way up. Doing it, gets me from 8 to 12 hours more life out of the MUGEN. Love that MUGEN - it's so nice to not have to worry AT ALL about usage during the workday.

Reactions: YoungGun and badrsj
Upvote 0
How about the charging? How long does it take to charge?

from the website:

Have you done that? Does it really help?

My guess on why that helps is this. I work with cordless power tools all the time and many of them have a process which is called the conditioning cycle that the battery goes through when charging. This process begins after the battery is shown as fully charged.

I think all lithium batteries benefit from letting them charge an extra bit of time even after they are shown to be fully charged.

Reactions: YoungGun
Upvote 0
Well I went for it. Just got mine in the mail today. Some interesting things it says on the packaging..

Battery should be charged/discharged 3 - 5 time for full capacity. Now I thought all of today's batteries didn't need to do that. Every time I hear talk of peoples cell phone batteries, they say this cycling is not needed.. but I guess a big boy like this one needs the "exercise"

Charge it for 12 hours before first use. Ok, just turn off the phone and plug it in tonight..

"If the battery pack gives off smoke or an unusual bad smell.." lol just what I need in my pocket, a phone that smokes and smells bad.

Anyway, looking forward to being able to use my phone all day now with no worries. Maybe even use gps navigation now for more then an hour or so :p

Upvote 0
Well I went for it. Just got mine in the mail today. Some interesting things it says on the packaging..

Battery should be charged/discharged 3 - 5 time for full capacity. Now I thought all of today's batteries didn't need to do that. Every time I hear talk of peoples cell phone batteries, they say this cycling is not needed.. but I guess a big boy like this one needs the "exercise"

Charge it for 12 hours before first use. Ok, just turn off the phone and plug it in tonight..

"If the battery pack gives off smoke or an unusual bad smell.." lol just what I need in my pocket, a phone that smokes and smells bad.

Anyway, looking forward to being able to use my phone all day now with no worries. Maybe even use gps navigation now for more then an hour or so :p

Excellent! Welcome to the MUGEN Brotherhood.
I use my MUGEN during the workday - and then - if I am going out to dinner, or whatever where I need to look a little "cooler" :) - then I use my standard battery during social times. Works out well.

The one thing I have noticed when using the MUGEN - maybe because the phone sees so much juice? - is that it does not hunt from 3G to 4G all the time. It stays solidly on 4G - even in areas where, if I have the standard battery in - it bumps down to 3G. Strange. Maybe cause the case lets the antenna do a better job? Who knows, but it definitely happens.

Reactions: YoungGun
Upvote 0
I have the same battery as the OP and the LG 3000 MAH. With as much as I use my phone I needed a batter that would last me all day long and then some.

Both batteries are great and last quite a long time. I usually can (w/o Juice Defender) get about 2 days with moderate use (1 day with heavy use) on the 3k LG battery. The 4k generic is a sold 2-3.5 days out of the 4k battery (1.5 days of heavy use).

I had a leathersmith make me a belt case for the phone and it worked great until it was soaked with water. Time to get another one...

Upvote 0
Ditto on the cheap Chinese battery. 3800 3.7v
$9.99 free shipping from eBay

Except it charges faster, I get to full in under 3 hours, but like to leave it plugged in for an extra 2 or so.

Unfortunately, it does not last 48 hours, so the time I have to plug my phone in changes everyday. Then there are the days where I think I might be heading out in the evening, and I plug the phone in when it still has 30-50% to make sure I can use it constantly for 1-3 hours while on 4g if I head out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones