• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Extended battery

MotoTriumphant

Android Enthusiast
May 12, 2012
zy9aje9a.jpg
abevavyt.jpg
ydazujyt.jpg
mype8umu.jpg
I've just received my extended battery that I ordered from eBay for about $8. Its a replacement extended battery with 3500 mah. It came with 35% bat life. That's a good sign b cause ur supposed to store lithium ion batteries at or near 40%. Let's see how this goes y'all. I'm hella excited yee!

Edit: Is it safe to charge it with a external wall charger?

I don't like adding bulk to my phone, so I got this at CVS.
Factory SEALED Soundlogic XT Portable 5600 mAh Power Cell | eBay

They sell for $25 at CVS, but I used Extra Bucks and got mine free. Made up for that bunk-ass battery I bought a few months ago.

This really is all that, and a bag of pork rinds.

Will charge the Motion when flat dead twice over.

Reactions: CTsnit
Upvote 0
I got mine from e-bay for 12.95. Its a 3600ma and I use the app battery calibration. The stock battery was just not working as well as I thought it would in fact the battery for the Admire was giving better life than the Motions stock one.

And yeah it makes your phone a little bulky but you get used to it in a day. I went with e-bay because I had money on a paypal account from winning a fantasy football league, I'm sure I could have gotten a better deal if I had took my time to look around but I wanted to get it right away so I spent the money. I'm waiting to swee how well the Calibration app works on the Motion, I had it on my Admire and it worked great.

Upvote 0
I got mine from e-bay for 12.95. Its a 3600ma and I use the app battery calibration. The stock battery was just not working as well as I thought it would in fact the battery for the Admire was giving better life than the Motions stock one.

And yeah it makes your phone a little bulky but you get used to it in a day. I went with e-bay because I had money on a paypal account from winning a fantasy football league, I'm sure I could have gotten a better deal if I had took my time to look around but I wanted to get it right away so I spent the money. I'm waiting to swee how well the Calibration app works on the Motion, I had it on my Admire and it worked great.

Fwiw, battery calibration is a myth...

Upvote 0
I trust your judgement on the battery calibration thing, but is there any app that will help to improve the battery usage on this phone. I wasn't happy with how quickly the juice ran out with the stock battery which is why I bought the extended one, still it went down 10% in record time and all I was doing was trying out differant launchers and set ups.

I am running the e version, I just bought this phone this week. Still it came with the 1500 dual core set up. What would be the best settings for me using SetCPU?

Upvote 0
I have the same battery. Started a thread about it a couple months ago...
If I run this battery down to the point that the phone shuts off, and turn the phone back on than I still have 35% battery life (if I had charged it long enough the night before).

This is kind of annoying.

MotoTriumphant, have you experienced this as well?

Upvote 0
The battery for the Connect is almost the same. One of the notches on top is not wide enough. Think anything would go wrong if I trimmed the plastic (1/8 inch) to make it fit?

I'm gonna be getting one of these soon. I do the same as Tokenpoke, carry a spare when I'm out of the house for a while.

I was going to use the connect battery too but then realized it had a voltage difference. It may not matter much but I don't want any wonky issues so I decided against it.

Upvote 0
I have the same battery. Started a thread about it a couple months ago...
If I run this battery down to the point that the phone shuts off, and turn the phone back on than I still have 35% battery life (if I had charged it long enough the night before).

This is kind of annoying.

MotoTriumphant, have you experienced this as well?

It takes longer in my experience when you charge the phone when its off. Also when I restart my phone it doesn't show the same percent as of when it was on because its not yet calibrated. I never let my battery fully die. As long as I hit 100% im good cause that's when it resets. I charge when I'm around 20%. This is my third day with it and it's still not calibrated. Ill show results once it is:thumbup::D

Upvote 0
I don't like adding bulk to my phone, so I got this at CVS.
Factory SEALED Soundlogic XT Portable 5600 mAh Power Cell | eBay

They sell for $25 at CVS, but I used Extra Bucks and got mine free. Made up for that bunk-ass battery I bought a few months ago.

This really is all that, and a bag of pork rinds.

Will charge the Motion when flat dead twice over.

o_O I like it. I'm going to pick one up tomorrow.
Don't really have much use for it, as I'm always plugged in my car or truck or where ever, but I AM a tech junkie and that is prime pickins for my gear bag.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones