Extended Batterys

Last Updated:

1. nklenchik

nklenchik Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone using an extended battery?

I noticed a Mugen powered battery (1600mAh) that's the same size as the stock battery for the Fascinate but has 100mAh more power. Anyone use or recommend this one, or maybe any other larger batteries that don't require a huge backing for the phone?

MUGEN POWER SCH-I500SL EXTENDED BATTERY 1600MAH FOR SAMSUNG FASCINATE

Edit: Recently I noticed when I play my music player, I hear on and off static in my headphones. Could it be because I flashed a new rom on it?

Advertisement
  2. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

cant say ive ever heard of mugen before :eek:

3. saps

saps Well-Known Member

You must be jokin :p you have a honda I know you've heard of mugen ;)

nklenchik with certain DJ05 kernel/rom combos some do get that speaker crackle. Some say the solution is as simple as using setcpu to raise your minimum level from 100 to 200Mhz and it apparently solves the issue.

Also IMO rather than spending $35 on that battery which is only 100mah above stock maybe look into a uv kernel. By undervolting 50-75mv you will likely gain more battery life than that extra 100mah would net you on the stock kernel

4. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

is it the same as the ones that mod civics? :eek:

5. nklenchik

nklenchik Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

You know what was weird...when I woke up this morning the audio seemed to be working again lol, but if it ever happens again I'll try using SetCPU again (haven't had much luck with it in the past though) :D

Regarding the battery, I've been doing some research and I guess it's a cheap knockoff and will actually give you "less" effiency than your stock battery haha