Extended Control App - 3GGeneral

Last Updated:

1. arfanvilla

arfanvilla Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

How do i enable/disable my 3g internet using extended control, the same as APNDroid?

using the 3G-2G, it just goes to the setting menu
    using the APN thingy, it does nothing.

thanks

Advertisement
  2. skimminstones

skimminstones Well-Known Member

Pressing the 2g/3g control will take you to the settings menu, not sure exactly what your trying to do but either unchecking the MMS&Data box will turn your data connection off entirely or pressing network mode then GSM only will turn 3g off and keep 2g on.

3. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member

I am on the AT&T market and have the X10a. I am unable to find any of the things you are discussing on my Phone. Can you provide detailed directions to get there, Thanks!

NOTE: Or are you referring to the APNDroid App from the market??

4. arfanvilla

arfanvilla Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

got it to work now. I did not change the setting to switch enable/disable data .

5. el_jefe

el_jefe Active Member

I'm experimenting as well with Extended Control, but didn't find a way yet to disable the data connection...

How did you got it to work?

EDIT:
    Didn't get it to work untill I deleted the data for this widget via Settings > Applications > Application management. Afterwards the option with renaming the APN worked like a charm.
    Now I will receive mms without the need to have the internet connection open all the time.

6. JorgenP

JorgenP New Member

I seem to have the same problem. When I press the button to switch between 2G and 3G it shows the menu with the connection settings instead of just switching between 2G and 3G directly.

I have a HTC Desire running Android 2.2

How did you get around this problem?

7. JorgenP

JorgenP New Member

Just realised this couldn't be done and wasn't really a bug. Annoying though, but not much you can do I suppose...

8. huntleth

huntleth Well-Known Member

You're using the wrong thing. 2G-3G simply switches between GPRS and 3G I believe. Use the APN Toggle to turn data on or off. If that still doesn't work give switchpro widget a go, it's much better in my opinion.