Extended Slim vs OEMAccessories

Last Updated:

1. bigtex19

bigtex19 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was wondering what the approximate difference would be between the OEM battery that comes with the Droid X (1540 mAh) and the extended slim battery that Seidio is going to come out with (1750 mAh)? I mean if I'm going to drop fifty bucks on a battery I want to know about what it should do. Thanks for the help.

Advertisement
  2. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

The reality with batteries is that size matters. Unless there is a new technology, is it very difficult to produce a higher capacity battery of the same size. That means that it's unlikely that Seidio's battery is going to actually be the capacity they claim.

Testing in the Droid Incredible forum seems to bear this out: the Seidio battery was rated to be much closer to 1500 mAh than the rated 1750.

3. bigtex19

Yeah thats what I was thinking. I just dont want the added bulk to the phone if I dont have to get it you know? It did seem too good to be true really :(

4. buxleyp

buxleyp Well-Known Member

The bh6x extended battery from Motorola is amazing. It's only a mm thicker than the original, and you barely notice the extended cover on the back. IMHO it's worth it for an extra ~20% battery life.

Some say that they can fit the bh6x into the phone with the original cover, but YMMV (I wouldn't).

5. iresq

iresq Active Member

It was a no brainer @ $28. For $50? That would depend on your use.

6. thehaggis

thehaggis Active Member

Indeed, the oem extended(BH6X) is a good deal,atm. 1880 mAh for 28$

XBarbarian likes this.
  7. urdaddi

urdaddi Well-Known Member

There is the fact that some of these "extended" batteries from sources other than OEM are claimed to have much higher mAh than they actually do.

8. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

The extended OEM + cover is really, almost entirely unnoticeable.

Frankly, I have no idea what people are doing to kill their batteries in such a short period of time. I was absolutely abusing this phone during the weekend since I just got it and am doing lots of downloads, tweaking, etc.

I was trying to kill the battery to let it fully calibrate and I finally resorted to using a high CPU usage live wallpaper and leaving the screen on when I wasn't actually using it. Even then I only got it down to 15% or so before I went to bed.

I bought the extended battery because I don't ever want to worry about battery life on my phone, but I think I probably would be fine with the stock battery if this weekend is any indication. Anyway, happy with the extended battery.

9. bigtex19

i ended up getting the extended oem battery. i use a bunch of apps and stuff on my phone and although i have never ran it down all the way i would just like that little bit extra bit of juice to use during the day. it doesnt really add much size to it, but it does feel a good bit heavier comparitively. i dont know where you guys were finding it for 28, but i went to the vzw store and got it for 37 plus tax. not thrilled with that price but i can live with it

10. Mako1215

Mako1215 Active Member

Try using BAT30 on one from Verizon. Should take 30% off if it is still active.

11. beangrower

beangrower Well-Known Member

^its been out of stock for awhile. im still waiting...

12. ngsm13

ngsm13 Well-Known Member

Yeah, out of stock and will not let me order online at all... :(

nG