• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Extended Warranty/Current Device??

esmort

Dec 13, 2011
Chicago
My phone's touch screen started going in and out and not working the other day. I have insurance(but not extended warranty), but do not want to claim it and pay the deductible, because I am almost ready to upgrade. My wife has Insurance + Verizon extended warranty on her phone.

If I go online and switch my phone onto her account so that her account/profile now shows my phone as her current device will the Verizon extended warranty just see that her line has extended warranty and go ahead replace it?

My phone's touch screen started going in and out and not working the other day. I have insurance(but not extended warranty), but do not want to claim it and pay the deductible, because I am almost ready to upgrade. My wife has Insurance + Verizon extended warranty on her phone.

If I go online and switch my phone onto her account so that her account/profile now shows my phone as her current device will the Verizon extended warranty just see that her line has extended warranty and go ahead replace it?

I'm pretty sure the warranties, (original or extended) are attached to the phones, not the person who is using the phone.

Upvote 0
I did not know if the warranty was attached to the phone or the line (even it was only meant to apply to the original phone). I was hoping they would just see warranty + current device and replace.

I'm almost sure that they would check their records and make sure the phone itself has warranty. However, give it a shot, the worst that could happen is they prosecute you for fraud and give you 5 years in the "slammer". Just kidding! they would just deny your claim..... :)

Good luck,

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones