• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Extending a special offer?

geodr

Apr 20, 2010
I received a letter from Verizon a month ago offering me an extra $50 credit for my NE2 upgrade to make a total of $150 - the catch was the offer expired April 15. Right then I knew the Incredible would be released after 4/15!

My question is - is there any hope of convincing vzw online sales or a store to extend the expiration date of the credit? I asked one online sales person and they said "no we can't do that for an online sale, but call a store, and they might be able to". So I called a store and they said "no when it comes in we won't be able to do that, but maybe online sales can". So is this a futile attempt? Should I wait until they are in stores on 4/29 and go in and talk to a manager? Or give up and pre-order now?

Does anyone have a response that might be a bit more helpful than that one?
You can try calling up VZN, but I don't see them being very generous--you might as well try. Other than that you can try and convince Best Buy that your NE2 is still valid and--since they cannot apply NE2 in their system--they might price adjust the "correct" price for you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones