Extending a special offer?General

Last Updated:

1. geodr

geodr Member This Topic's Starter

I received a letter from Verizon a month ago offering me an extra $50 credit for my NE2 upgrade to make a total of $150 - the catch was the offer expired April 15. Right then I knew the Incredible would be released after 4/15!

My question is - is there any hope of convincing vzw online sales or a store to extend the expiration date of the credit? I asked one online sales person and they said "no we can't do that for an online sale, but call a store, and they might be able to". So I called a store and they said "no when it comes in we won't be able to do that, but maybe online sales can". So is this a futile attempt? Should I wait until they are in stores on 4/29 and go in and talk to a manager? Or give up and pre-order now?

Advertisement
  2. rc121

rc121 Member

I probably wouldn't have waited until after the offer expired if I were you. You could have always tried to use the $150 and purchase any Verizon phone, then return it within the 30 day period for the incredible when it came out

3. geodr

Does anyone have a response that might be a bit more helpful than that one?

4. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

You can try calling up VZN, but I don't see them being very generous--you might as well try. Other than that you can try and convince Best Buy that your NE2 is still valid and--since they cannot apply NE2 in their system--they might price adjust the "correct" price for you.

5. geodr

anyone else?