1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

extending ring timeSupport

Last Updated:

1. piccasopete

piccasopete New Member This Topic's Starter

As a new Samsung Galaxy Ace owner I am fed up with the phone only ringing for a short time before going to Voice mail. Can anyone help with extending the ringing time please?:cool:

Advertisement
  2. PJ147

PJ147 Well-Known Member

This has lots to do with your carrier and not much to do with the phone....

3. GrahamF

GrahamF Well-Known Member

Yes, depending on which carrier you are with & which country, there is a number you can dial into your phone to extend/reduce the number of rings before the voicemail takes over. Just Google your carrier or any forum with "extend ring time on mobile" & the code to dial will be easy to find! Hope this helps. Graham. London. :)

4. Nepe

Nepe New Member

1. On your phone, dial *#61# and click Send.
    2. Some information should be displayed: number that the calls are being forwarded to and the delay before the forwarding engages.
    3. Write down the number (including +1)
    4. Dial **61*+1xxxyyyzzzz*11*30# and hit Send. +1xxxyyyzzzz is the number you wrote down previously, 30 is the delay in seconds. The delay can be set in 5 second increments, 30 is maximum
    5. Dial *#61# to verify that the new settings are active.

GrahamF likes this.
  5. ShazzaD

ShazzaD New Member

This was great, thank you so much, and worked on my phone, but I was a little confused by the international dialling code as +1 isn't mine. So I've changed it slightly, in case anyone else is looking for the answer, hope you don't mind!! (as I spent months trying to sort this out with several other threads sending me on a very long walk):

1. On your phone, dial *#61# and click call.
    2. Information should be displayed: number that the calls are being forwarded to and the delay before the forwarding engages.
    3. Write down the number (including the international dialling code)
    4. Dial **61*+zzxxxyyyzzzz*11*30# and hit Send. +xxxyyyzzzz is the number you wrote down previously, including the international dialling code, 30 is the delay in seconds. The delay can be set in 5 second increments, 30 is maximum
    5. Dial *#61# to verify that the new settings are active.

6. brownwebb

brownwebb New Member

Thank you so much for info. My phone now has increased ring time. How on earth do you get to know these solutions?

7. garry_g

garry_g New Member

That solution worked PERFECTLY just as you described on my Samsung Y in Australia with Telstra as provider 9Sep2013. Thank you SO SO much. Yes 30sec is the max. Cheers Garry