Extention numbers

Last Updated:

1. joehp1

joehp1 Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to program the phone application so that the phone dials the main number, then the extention of the person you are calling? I looked in the manual and there was nothing on this topic. Also did a search here. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. AmericanHero

AmericanHero Well-Known Member

Dial 555-5555 and press ext. #1 = 555-5555,,,1

each comma represents 1 second of time. In the above example we are dialing the number and waiting 3 seconds and pressing 1 for the extension. You would just enter this as your phone number in the persons listing

Jack

3. darthrsg

darthrsg Member

You can add the pauses, from the people app, find your peep, hit menu, edit, pick the number, add your digits 555-555-1234 then press the "p" key on the on screen dial pad, on the right. Your number will look like 555-555-1234pppEXT. This is a life saver at my work.

4. PGR

PGR Well-Known Member

I seem to recall that one or more of my Treos would do either a hard or soft pause. The hard pause literally stopped dialing the number until you pushed a key and the soft pause was just a delay like what is being discussed here.

Does anyone know if the Hero is capable of that hard pause option? If so, how?

Pete

5. joehp1

Thanks - I'll try the comas and the pause!

6. joehp1

? - I added the pauses (P button), but there is also a (W) button right under it. Any idea what this one does? Thanks again for the tip on how to get the extention issue fixed.

7. PGR

PGR Well-Known Member

It could be for Wait and possibly be the hard pause I mentioned earlier. I've been a bit strapped for time since I got my Hero but I hope to take some of this 4-day weekend to do some playing and sort some of this out.

Pete