External Audio is non-existant.Support

Last Updated:

1. Jason79

Jason79 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all, first post, unfortunately it's a negative one. I seem to have lost all external audio on my EVO.

It was working fine, was listening to a youtube clip on the way home from work today. Stopped at Best Buy to pick up some earbuds. Plugged them in, worked fine, took a call from my wife, worked well on the call as well. Got home, unplugged the earbuds, went to listen to something else without the earbuds and...nothing. When I'm on the home screen and I press volume up or down, it shows "media volume" instead of "ringer volume", also.

Hopefully there is a logical explanation, such as "hello Jason, welcome to the forum, turns out you're an idiot and all you have to do is......" <== I would just love some help with whatever comes after "is".

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. wubbie075

wubbie075 Well-Known Member

Hi Jason, you're an idiot. Ok, you're not really.

I had a similar problem at one point with my Pre and it turned out the phone got "stuck" in headphone mode and the fix was to jam the headphone plug in and out a buncha times til the speaker started working again (like some serious nerd sex). Start some music going before you do it so you can hear when (if..?) it works. I know it sounds like I'm just making this up, but it's 100% legit. That said, don't sue me if it breaks the phone :)

If you wanna test if this is the problem, try listening to something on bluetooth. If calls work via BT, but media does not, it could be the same issue.

Also, though I've never been to Cincinnati I am a huge Reds fan (since Eric Davis). Living in NYC with all the ****** Yankee fans, it's nice not to have to be embarrassed at this point of the season again, lol.