External Battery Pack/ChargerTips

Last Updated:

1. bgillyjcu

bgillyjcu Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Battery life will be one of those things we are all going to want more of regardless of how well the DNA works. With that in mind, lets make a list here of external battery chargers that are the best of the bunch!

Since I have no experience with any, can anyone offer up some good ones?

For the time being, I found these on Verzion:

iGo MicroUSB Portable Power Pack 1560mAh $20
    IGo MicroUSB

Motorola P893 - Universal Portable Power Pack 1820mAh $25
    Amazon.com: Motorola Universal Dual-Charging Portable Power Pack - Black - Retail Packaging: Cell Phones & Accessories

This HTC one looks great 6000mAh, but is expensive at $70.
    HTC

Advertisement
    Red Devil and Skipdawg like this.
  2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

I have heard some good things about the HTC 6000mAh one, price is most definitely worth it.

3. DILands

DILands Well-Known Member Contributor

Is the HTC link correct?

4. bgillyjcu

Do you have any links to reviews of it? It is so new I have not seen any real feedback on it. The most important factor for me is how quickly can it charge?

5. bgillyjcu

Try it now and let me know. It should land on you verizon's website and directly on the HTC battery pack accessory page.

6. TangledThorns

TangledThorns Well-Known Member

7. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

That Powergen is sweet but if I'm reading the Amazon description clearly it seems to imply that it can only be charged by a connection to a USB as there's no A/C cord provided.

8. Bearcats

Bearcats Well-Known Member

Especially if it has the smarts to be a smart charger. With my 25%, seems like a done and done deal! Thanks for the input! :D

9. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

We have a user on here that had the pack and the Droid DNA, i forget which one (there are a lot of users in staff nowadays), but he said it worked like a charm.

10. Sandroidfan

Sandroidfan Well-Known Member

I used this 5600mAh battery pack for Gnex and it worked well to fully charge it twice and some more. I like its small size.

Amazon.com: Anker

11. PsychDoc

12. Sandroidfan

Sandroidfan Well-Known Member

Unfortunately it doesn't come with A/C wall charger out of box, only micro usb cable. So you need to recharge it from PC USB.

But I also had 8400mAh Anker battery pack which came with A/C wall charger, so I used it to recharge this 5600mah one. Not sure if it's ok to use stock DNA wall charger to recharge this guy.

13. PsychDoc

Actually the youtube video I linked shows that it does come with an AC adapter, as does the description on the Amazon website. I just ordered the Anker Astro 5600mAh for $29.98, no tax or shipping. Seemed like a no brainer. Going to Hawaii in a couple of weeks so it should really come in handy.

14. climberman

climberman Well-Known Member

I posted about a battery pack the other day but can't find it now.......so.......I have a Rezound - which.......save for the poor 1600 ish mAh battery is a rock'in phone.......everyone is concerned ( and rightly so ) with HTC's " never give the phone a battery it needs " reputation........but I love the HTC build quality etc......so I have a New Trent IMP 100P battery pack - capacity is 10000 mAh......and it really is great......it is about the size of the DNA ( much thicker of course ) and can be easily carried in the car, the coat, the briefcase.......and easily charges these phones three to five times before having to plug the pack into a AC outlet.......really......I used to carry around extra batteries for the Rezound but now just keep the New Trent close by.......

There are many ( many ) chargers around.....from super easy to carry to larger ( 12000 mAh and up ) units to consider........

Until battery technology advances......these are the way to go !!

15. TurtleRunner

TurtleRunner Well-Known Member

Agreed, after reading so many threads on the power packs I opted in on a few units like the anker astro and ravpower dynamo and they work like champs.

16. Zero Hunter

Zero Hunter Well-Known Member

I just got a10400mah from ravpower during their Christmas special for $30. I've been really liking these devices and I feel they're so versatile vs extended batteries for phones. I had one of their 10,000mah during one of their other sales last year and took it camping with me. Camping is an annual thing and I always worry about my phone dying but with an external battery charger, I no longer have to worry about overusing my phone.

17. Eris1981

Eris1981 Well-Known Member

I have the Zagg Sparq the original black block style one. I like it other than in my computer case or suitcase the button to check the status easily is pressed and usually kills it a little bit so I don't get the full amount of charges.

18. TurtleRunner

TurtleRunner Well-Known Member

What is the difference between this and your 10000mah one?

19. Zero Hunter

Zero Hunter Well-Known Member

not too much that i've noticed actually. When I did a test, it seems the 10,400 gave a slightly longer charge than my 10,000. But due to efficiency and all that, one could be more efficient than the other and I wouldn't know the difference.