external batterySupport

1. Atomicmachine

Atomicmachine Well-Known Member

Hi

anyone knows a external battery that can charge the galaxy s4 so quick than a normal charger? or almost the same speed....

Advertisement
  2. Goodspike

Goodspike Well-Known Member

3. Atomicmachine

I wouldn't buy that battery for many reasons. First if is a battery will be quite "hot". Second the risk of explosion when you use a battery is always there, you really want to use a battery that can explode in your arm plus is just comming to the market.
  4. vosca

vosca Member

If you want to charge more quickly, you need get a high power external battery, and the high quality external battery have not trouble in "hot".
    I have a lumsing 11000mah power bank for my iphone and tablet.
  5. Goodspike

Does that extend down past the bottom of the phone, making it longer? I wonder why?
  6. Atomicmachine

I'm looking more for a external one, I mean not like a case because will put the phone heavy
  7. Goodspike

You wouldn't likely have to leave that attached to the phone when you didn't need it.
  8. Nick The Great

Nick The Great Well-Known Member

9. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

10. Atomicmachine

Nick I that one heavy?
  11. Atomicmachine

This anker is quite expensive. I want something btw very cheap and very fast to charge.
  12. wildkitten

wildkitten Well-Known Member

That Anker is at a sale price on Amazon, but even at it's non sale price that will be about the price of these external battery packs.

But the nice thing about the S4 is the swappable battery. Unless you are going to be away from any charging source for days at a time, a spare battery or two is the perfect solution as you won't be tethered to a cable and a huge heavy brick at the end of it that you have to carry around.
  13. Goodspike

Which is what's nice about the device I mentioned in this thread:

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s4/753476-s4-battery-charger-49-samsung-direct.html

For $50 (or $25 w/ 50% off coupon) it's a great solution, in part because it gives you a way to charge the extra battery.
  14. Atomicmachine

That's not bad idea. I normally buy the genuine ones. But I can see on ebay that o the aftermarket they have a 2900mah o even more. What is you opinion about that? Are they safe or I should I stick on the genuine ones?
  15. Goodspike

If you're going to carry around a second battery, I would just stick with the genuine ones. I don't have any experience though with off-brand cell phone batteries. I was put off once by an off-brand laptop battery, and haven't strayed since.

If you're going to go off-brand, I would just consider one of the very large off brand batteries mentioned in another thread here, and not deal with swapping.
  16. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

There are loads of external batteries on eBay that can put out 2A. I am a tad sceptical as to whether they really will charge the phone quite as quickly as the stock charger, which works amazingly well, but they will be almost as good.

i bought an external battery on eBay 2.5 years ago and it's still working really well and it was dead cheap (~
  17. hopey

hopey Well-Known Member