• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help external battery

This anker is quite expensive. I want something btw very cheap and very fast to charge.

That Anker is at a sale price on Amazon, but even at it's non sale price that will be about the price of these external battery packs.

But the nice thing about the S4 is the swappable battery. Unless you are going to be away from any charging source for days at a time, a spare battery or two is the perfect solution as you won't be tethered to a cable and a huge heavy brick at the end of it that you have to carry around.

Upvote 0
But the nice thing about the S4 is the swappable battery. Unless you are going to be away from any charging source for days at a time, a spare battery or two is the perfect solution as you won't be tethered to a cable and a huge heavy brick at the end of it that you have to carry around.

Which is what's nice about the device I mentioned in this thread:

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s4/753476-s4-battery-charger-49-samsung-direct.html

For $50 (or $25 w/ 50% off coupon) it's a great solution, in part because it gives you a way to charge the extra battery.

Upvote 0
If you're going to carry around a second battery, I would just stick with the genuine ones. I don't have any experience though with off-brand cell phone batteries. I was put off once by an off-brand laptop battery, and haven't strayed since.

If you're going to go off-brand, I would just consider one of the very large off brand batteries mentioned in another thread here, and not deal with swapping.

Upvote 0
There are loads of external batteries on eBay that can put out 2A. I am a tad sceptical as to whether they really will charge the phone quite as quickly as the stock charger, which works amazingly well, but they will be almost as good.

i bought an external battery on eBay 2.5 years ago and it's still working really well and it was dead cheap (~

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones