External batterys

Last Updated:

1. rawightman

rawightman Member This Topic's Starter

I carry the following external battery pak when I know I may not being able to charge my phone for an extended period of time. Yes it is large 5.1 x 3.2 x 0.6 inches ; 5.3 ounces. But this allowed me to use my Evo yesterday for eight hours, this included two movies the internet and pandora net radio and was still nearly at full charge. I bought mine at target and I see amazon has them for $53.10

The following is from the amazon site

Energizer XP4001 Power Pack. Dual USB outputs provide simultaneous charging of two devices or one device for twice as long. Perfect for two cell phones, two devices or two people! Up to 25 hours XTRA talk time or 120 hrs of XTRA music time. Share your power or double your power - either way it is twice as good! For more information go to www.poweryourGear.com. Also charges iPods, iPhones, cell phones, smart phones, GPS and more. Comes with 6 cell phone tips, 3 media tips, digital camera battery charging tip, AC adapter and carrying case. Product comes with FREE TIPS FOR LIFE on our website at XPAL Power.

[​IMG]

Advertisement
    sagedil likes this.
  2. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

And 2 spare batteries cost me $12. I don't understand the benefit of this over that. Way too expensive and big.

3. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Well-Known Member

Not everyone understands you may have a case, and taking the phone out of the case the pulling that back door off is a major hassle.

Thanks for the tip!

4. rawightman

rawightman Member This Topic's Starter

The advantage is when your two or three batteries are dead, my battery in my phone will still have a charge. Or I could go camping for a week and not have a dead battery. The cost of the external to me is minor compared to the frustration of having a dead battery.

5. sagedil

Fair enough. Was just trying to understand benefits. Will now probably pick one up so I have alternatives.

And Dreamliner. Wow a comment that added good info to a thread. You should do this more often.

You are right, hadn't thought about folks that use cases, big reason I don't in fact

6. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

My turn to be, 'That new guy'.

Where the heck did you get two space batteries for around $12?

7. sagedil

I love new guys ;->

Just do a search on Ebay for Evo batteries. There are a few threads here that talk about them. Actually, buying a battery made for HTC Touch Pro 2, but exact same battery.

OK, I am bored, check out here.

2x 1500mAh battery + dock charger for Sprint HTC Evo 4G - eBay (item 250641711190 end time Jul-29-10 01:08:58 PDT)

These come from Hong Kong. Do NOT be weirded out by that. Many folks here have gotten them, ALL happy. I have bought it twice, first when I had my Hero, and a second set of two after my wife and I both got Evos. Comes from Hong Kong, so expect 10 -14 days for delivery. But again, at least 25 folks here have now gotten these.

midget and Kelita like this.
  8. Kelita

Kelita Well-Known Member

I'm going to order that. Thanks for the link sagedil! :)

9. eieio

eieio Well-Known Member

The Sprint store also sells a very nice external battery charger I think its 40-50 bucks less the discount for premier members.. It is very well built compared to some of the other units I have tried..

10. Shift.Evolve

Shift.Evolve Active Member

I was thinking of using something like the mintyboost. Has anyone used one with their evo?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

11. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Ordered one.... hopefully it gets here before the 14th, because that's when I leave for Kansas, LOL.