External HD for Note 2General

Last Updated: 2012-12-05 03:00:52
  1. Vela_Ocampo

Vela_Ocampo Well-Known Member

Guys i have a 500GB external HD and thinking to buy a cable to link it. My question is this compatible with the phone? Meaning the phone can read and write on the HD. If yes then what is the limit, is this possible upto 1TB and up?

Advertisement
  2. NeuDroid

NeuDroid Well-Known Member

You can definitely transfer files to and from. I do it with my 8gb flash drive stick. Not sure if it can read a 500gb drive but I would venture to say so. Cable is only $3 off ebay, buy it and report back:D

Also, phone will most likely not be able to power that drive so you'll have to plug the power source to the drive.
  3. Vela_Ocampo

haha i will only buy the cable if this thing works... currently i only have external hd and no flash drives... but if you have hd pls try and post again :D
  4. justpastfinish

justpastfinish Well-Known Member

Vela_Ocampo likes this.
  5. NeuDroid

I actually do have a 500gb hardrive. I'll try it and get back to you, never even considered trying it because it wasn't of concern to me but hey........because it's you....check back later
    Vela_Ocampo likes this.
  6. Vela_Ocampo

7. justpastfinish

justpastfinish Well-Known Member

I believe he used a powered usb hub. I have a powered usb hub and I can connect my 320 gig just fine
  8. Rtlsnksteve

Rtlsnksteve Well-Known Member

yes it will work with a powered 500 GB external.
  9. Vela_Ocampo

you mean i need to have an AC cord for 500GB? what i have is plug and play type of HD no external power source.
  10. Vela_Ocampo

yes he used external power source for 2TB. He mentioned in the comment portion he only have 2 H. Drives - 250GB and 2TB. :)
  11. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

I've seen a lot of post that state you need an external power source because the phone cannot power the drive or something real close to that.
  12. Vela_Ocampo

neudroid will try the 500GB, cant wait for the good news :)
  13. NeuDroid

Just tried my hard drive and it does work great BUT my hard drive DOES require an external power source just as thought.
  14. Vela_Ocampo

so will not work for my HD... the only terminal it got is for usb connection :(
  15. NeuDroid

That may not necessarily be the case. If your hd does not have an external power source inlet to begin with then might that mean all that's needed to power that hd is power found at the pc port, 5v.

After reading your post I looked at my hd drive again and realized that my particular hd drive MUST be plugged into an outlet to be used on anything, whether its a pc or not. Oversight on my part and I've confirmed it by attaching the usb from the external hd to my pc, nothing happened unless I plugged it's power source. I rarely use it so I forgot!. My fianc
  16. Vela_Ocampo