External Keyboards?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. d.knight99

d.knight99 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Not sure about you, but I spend a lot of time in front of my computer - both at work and at home. Work is a Windoze XP box and home is a MacBook.

Now this got me thinking (which is never a good sign!) I'm not a massive fan of touchscreen keyboards, even the ones as good as the Desire/iPhone etc. But when I'm at my desk, I have a perfectly good typing device sitting in front of me in the form of a full sized hardware keyboard. If I got a little desk stand for my Desire, is there an easy way to input text onto it using that keyboard? I would be happy to replace it with a bluetooth one if that helps, but the idea is to be able to control both my computer and my desire with the same keyboard, with a quick and simple way of switching between the two.

Can this be done?

Advertisement
  2. d.knight99

d.knight99 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Update:

Found a 2-way manual USB switch on Amazon for a few quid. That would allow me to simply press a button and send the keyboards output between the computer and the phone respectively. However that means I'll have to use USB and that requires installing USB host drivers on the phone. Seen it on a nexus but not a desire...

Anyone?