• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help External sd memory question

niro0070

Dec 22, 2011
i recently bought a SD memory card to add a bit to my phone memory.
now,the only option to use it that i could see was to go into settings>apps and to click an app and then "move to sd card" (from the phone memory).
all was good until i tried to download chrome to my cell when the phone said "not enough storage space" which rose a couple of questions that i would be happy if u can answer me:

1)can i define that downloaded apps will be downloaded directly to the external memory

2) can i move pictures/movies there and how can i define that future pictures taken will be saved on the sd card

the answers would really help me
thank you all in advance

It's not possible to change the default save location of apps.

To move your existing pictures and videos to your sd use the my files app or any other file browser and create a folder for pictures and videos and then just copy them across. If you open up your camera it should recognise an sd card is inserted and ask if you want to change the save location. If you don't get promoted just press settings while in the camera and scroll down to storage and change from there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones