External speaker issueSupport

Last Updated:

1. matt96ex

matt96ex Member This Topic's Starter

Hey folks!
    Been browsing the forum all day looking for related issues. About 4 days ago I noticed my rear external speak sounds blown. Not sure if its coincidence or if the vuvuzela horn app blew it. :( I've found that possibly doing a hard reset might help it, but I'd rather not lose everything and have it not work.
    So this past friday after work I ventured up to the Verizon store. I hate going to the Verizon store.
    Talked to a dude there and told him my issue. He didn't even want to hear it or look at the phone. He went and talked to a manager quick then came back. He fed me some possible bull$hit about how they just had a meeting that morning on the Droid phones having speaker issues. He claims there will be a new software released next week or so that will update it and solve the problem. Me not really wanted to argue, I agreed and he gave me a website to get the update from. www.droid-does.com
    Now I've never been to that site before so I figured ok, maybe you can get it there. Checked it out and I don't see any trace where you can download anything at. I understand its not out yet, but that site seems really bare and unpromising.
    I left unhappy without my phone fixed or any solid info that it will be- besides him saying if the update doesn't solve it, I can get a new one under MFG warrenty. So before leaving I wanted a car charger and was conned into buying a case as well. Oh well...
    Really wanted to see if anyone was told or heard the same thing. Thanks guys and gals!

Cliffs:
    Speaker possibly shot
    Local verizon reps suck
    Possible software update to fix speaker
    Verizon 1- Me 0

Advertisement
  2. teufeltexan

teufeltexan Well-Known Member

The website should be www.droiddoes.com (no hyphen)...

However, there is no update currently listed for the Incredible. If you select the Moto Droid (Instead of the Inc) from the same page, you'll see where you could browse and select/download system updates, etc.

As to whether or not he was blowing you off, that's a distinct possibilty - but the correct website does allow you to view updates (when available...)

3. matt96ex

matt96ex Member This Topic's Starter

Cool thanks for the response. That could be the correct website you mentioned. I threw away the paper he gave me so my mistake for typing the wrong site. Well see this week hopefully if there is an update or not.