External Volume Button - What a PAINSupport

Last Updated: 2012-10-16 02:41:28
  1. JBinCNY

JBinCNY New Member

I love most things about my new S3 but I hate the external volume button. It's in the wrong place. I can't put the phone in landscape in a car mount without turning off the sound. Just putting it in my pocket can turn off the volume too. And the button is opposite the one that turns off the screen so every time I try to save a bit of battery by turning off the screen before I drop the phone in my pocket, I turn the call volume down so low I miss calls. Samsung tells me there's no way to turn the thing off.

Advertisement
  2. CampD

CampD Well-Known Member

I have the same complaint.
  3. endlive

endlive Active Member

yeah i hate when i try to lock the screen with one hand, but i end up changing the volume
  4. FxsX24

FxsX24 Well-Known Member

I have the same issues as everyone above
  5. JBinCNY

JBinCNY New Member

Support at Samsung told me they'd forward the suggestion to disable the button to the "right department" so that it could be considered for an update - someday. Maybe if everyone lets them know it's a real problem, they'll move it up the priority list.
  6. johnnylighton

johnnylighton Well-Known Member

I love having an external volume control but the S3's is just too sensitive. I kept changing my phone from Vibrate to Sound every time I picked it up.

I solved this by putting it in a case that has external buttons that require much more pressure (mine is Speck CandyShell). Now all is good.
  7. clitrenta

clitrenta Well-Known Member

Count me in with the rest of you. Every time I try to use one of the buttons, I hit the other. Makes me want to scream. They should have pit that power button on top.
  8. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

You guys should try Persist from Play Store
  9. delight1

delight1 New Member

I have the same complaint.