Extra charger - Get 850mA

Last Updated:

1. jimantics

jimantics Member This Topic's Starter

I'm running my Cliq with all the widgets gone but somehow motoblur is still running and eating up my battery

I also have about 107 applications loaded... the baby runs great! though! no lag or delay.... my only complaint is the battery life... or lack of....

I bought an extra generic "Cliq compatible" charger on ebay but it did funny things when I plugged it in... the touch screen went crazy... happened twice so I figured that was enough...

not sure if it was a bad charger or what but when I looked close it was 5v at 500mA and the OEM charger is 5.1V at 850mA. The charger still should have worked but if you're getting an extra charger don't take any chances. make sure to get one that's 850mA.

I just ordered Motorola #SPN5358A from ebay for like $7 instead of $19

Good luck!! Lovin' the Cliq!!

Advertisement
  2. chameleon

chameleon New Member

i dont understand what I did exactly.. but my cliq battery life was horrible for the first few days.. just like the G1 basically.. so i played around with the settings.. i disabled the auto sync process and turned that off completely.. ever since that day my battery life has been ridiculously good... somehow the sync setting is back on because i turned it on again but my battery life got even better.. im talking about i text all day and get a few calls during work and get home at 8pm and battery life was 87% ..with a heavy usage it was 67% ..

so i suggest you turn off both gps location options. completely turn off the sync (note that gmail sync is part of it) but deal with it off for a day and with all those options off see how your battery life turns out.

btw i have screen display at like 50% .. I had it all the way down but my battery was lasting so long that i decided to splurge and make it brighter and the results i posted above are with it half way.

I have only the calendar, weather and text widgets on the home screen. everything else motoblur related off.

I use advanced task killer free, once the phone boots I kill everything but gmail, voicemail and happenings. even doh i dont use happenings for some reason it kills data connection when u terminate it. it turns back on but i just term it for no reason.. i end up back with 100+mb free memory after killing all the crap that runs automatically for no reason..

try all that and report back.

3. jimantics

jimantics Member This Topic's Starter

What do you mean both gps location options? I long press the power button and make sure gps and wifi are off that way. Is there something else to check?

How do you 'completely turn off the sync'?

I have "auto-sync" under settings > data synchronization off but didn't turn off "background data" because I'm not sure what it does.

Is there anything else to do to disable motoblur other than delete the widgets?

Thanks!

4. mikeedoo

mikeedoo Member

Wish there was a bigger battery available. I don't see the point of turning off moto blur. I love it.