• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Extra pictures in photo album/gallery

mc48

Android Enthusiast
Jan 17, 2010
so. east, usa
After the 2.1 OTA a lot of random photos were thrown in my photo album under separate files, I think one is named something like keyboard...and another one called icons maybe. They are just screen shots of the swype keyboard. I tried to delete them after I dl'd the Nexus Gallery (which is awesome btw thank you Androzoid) but they just came back. Has anyone else had this happen? I haven't tried to delete them yet straight from the SD card to see if that works. Is it okay to delete these or do they serve some purpose?

After the 2.1 OTA a lot of random photos were thrown in my photo album under separate files, I think one is named something like keyboard...and another one called icons maybe. They are just screen shots of the swype keyboard. I tried to delete them after I dl'd the Nexus Gallery (which is awesome btw thank you Androzoid) but they just came back. Has anyone else had this happen? I haven't tried to delete them yet straight from the SD card to see if that works. Is it okay to delete these or do they serve some purpose?

I can't tell you why they are there, but I can tell you that if you edit the file names to start with a period "." they will not show up in your albums.

Reactions: mc48
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones