Extra Screens???General

Last Updated:

1. Rooski

Rooski Member This Topic's Starter

So when I bought the Intercept I was told that it had 5 home screens and now that I have it I find it only has 3. How do I get it to have more home screens? It's not a huge deal if I can't but was just wondering how do I get it.

Advertisement
  2. Waltzy

Waltzy Member

bump; wouldn't mind knowing if you can get more for the N1 aswell, I prefer the home-screens/widgets than the App list..

3. StealthTH

StealthTH Well-Known Member

Download Launcher Pro or ADW on the market

4. Lmp1054

Lmp1054 Member

I use GDE it great

5. Risket

Risket Active Member

I've used many and I highly recommend LauncherPro. It's based off the original home app so you don't have to worry about it messing up your phone like other home replacement apps have for me. I've had random restarts that seemed to be caused by other home apps.

LauncherPro works so well that I actually went and purchased LauncherPro Plus. DEFINITELY worth every penny! "Plus" allows you to use special LauncherPro widgets (calendar, bookmarks, people, friends, twitter, facebook, etc) and will also allow you to resize ANY widget. Which is perfect because sometimes a widget is bigger or smaller than I want it to be.

LauncherPro will give you 7 home screens and you can fully customize the dock (even have three docks you can scroll through). I believe they're actually in the processes of rewriting all the code and they've said we may be able to have up to 9 home screens)

6. Billkwando

Billkwando Well-Known Member

FUD aside, I've had ADW since 2 days after I got my phone, and it's been running smooth for over a month. It's never FC'd and I've only restarted it *by choice* three times ever, because I thought something was interfering with its operation. It only takes about 10 seconds to recover from restarting (it's an option under "settings") and you don't lose anything that's open.

I originally tried it because a review I watched for the intercept said that they downloaded it because it made the phone less sluggish than the default home screen, and I've had less of those "hit back or home 2 or 3 times before it does anything" incidents since I installed it.

I haven't tried Launcher Pro, so I can't say what's better or worse, but I would try everything before deciding. The only reason I haven't is because I haven't had any reason to (happy with ADW), and I'm stunningly lazy.

7. larrycl

larrycl Well-Known Member

Alternatively, I'm a big fan of Zeam launcher Zeam Launcher
    Small & lightweight; perfect for the intercept.

stormyhigh likes this.
  8. kcmartz

kcmartz Well-Known Member

This looks nice, although I wish there were some screen shots to look at! (don't have Intercept yet, will within a couple days though, i probably will get it today tho)

9. one80oneday

one80oneday Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. kcmartz

kcmartz Well-Known Member

The Intercept has live Wallpapers?!?!?!?!?!?!? I'm sold! My old cliq never did, even with 2.1 update!

11. Billkwando

What makes you think it does?

12. one80oneday

Yes live wallpaper does work on the Samsung Intercept :)

13. Billkwando

Really??

I heard we didn't have enough graphical power to do that, or run 3D games. Can you give me a quick runthrough on how to download and check one out?

14. one80oneday

Must be rooted
    - Download this zip file and place it in /sdx/zip folder
    - Power off your phone.
    - Boot into recovery mode (press volume down + call + power).
    - Apply the zip from the SD card using that recovery mode menu option.
    - Reboot. You're done!

Tap on home screen hold. when add to home screen comes up choose>wallpapers>Live Wallpapers

The zip will install a Live Wallpapers App. After that just grab some free Live wallpaper apps from the Android Market.

elrodry and Billkwando like this.
  15. MahaloCat

MahaloCat Well-Known Member

...What is that Zip File -
    Will this work if on a temp root?

16. Billkwando

Oh, festive!

So I was half-right. We're not "supposed" to be able to use live wallpapers, and yet we can. ;)

17. one80oneday

Those are drivers modified from the Samsung Moment to work on the Intercept. Not sure if it will work for temp root as I am fully rooted. Most live wallpapers work great, I've tried at least 50.

18. Billkwando

I was wondering about the temp root thing too. Since I'm no androidologist (yet) I was intending to wait for the official 2.2 update before I permanently root.......if I can wait!

How long is our warranty, anyway?

Edit: I do know that apps like Titanium Backup that require root permissions don't work after you reboot from temp-root, so I'm assuming the wallpaper app would be the same.....though I'd be glad to be wrong.

19. one80oneday

Sprint gives you a year warranty basically. You can ALWAYS unroot if you don't want to be rooted anymore for whatever reason.

20. LukeOlson

LukeOlson Well-Known Member

So you have figured out how to root the intercept? There are a bunch of forums everywhere with people like me asking "how do you root it?" Care to share the process, or a link that shows the process?

21. Billkwando

Durrr, maybe read the threads that surround this one? :p

Edit: Jokes aside, some folks are reporting permanent root doesn't work, but you can just reroot every time you have to reboot your phone. That seems to work fine for me.

22. LukeOlson

Actually, I had read the threads surrounding this one. It looks like you posted on them after making the post above.

So z4root temp root is working for you? And are you able to boot into recovery mode with temp root and apply the update.zip spoken about above?

23. Billkwando

I posted the z4root thread in the root thread to make it easier for you to find. It was gettin' kinda far down, so I didn't want to make you read 13 threads to find it. ;)

I haven't tried it yet, and yes, you may proceed to yell at me. :p

Z4root will give you superuser permissions, but if booting into recovery mode involves REbooting, I'm guess that will be a fail.

24. LukeOlson

Haha, not gonna yell.

It looks like the people in that thread are reporting that z4root does NOT work to root the intercept... That's why I'm asking if anyone has successfully rooted the phone.

25. Billkwando

Well, I was going under the assumption that temp root was just as good as the real thang. ;)