• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

extraction of wealth from US

It's perfectly legal for Romney to lie to the public, but he's not stupid to perjure himself on government documents. I believe someone posted People are Stupid has some support, depending on how many believe Romney's lies to the public versus what he signs under penalty of perjury.

Mitt Romney stayed at Bain 3 years longer than he stated - Boston.com

"Also, a Massachusetts financial disclosure form Romney filed in 2003 states that he still owned 100 percent of Bain Capital in 2002. And Romney

Upvote 0
You're wrong, yet again, sounds pretty active to me. From previously cited article:

"Romney has said he left Bain in 1999 to lead the winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, ending his role in the company. But public Securities and Exchange Commission documents filed later by Bain Capital state he remained the firm’s “sole stockholder, chairman of the board, chief executive officer, and president.”"

Upvote 0
How in the world can he actively organize the Olympics and run a VC firm at the same time? Can he be in two places at once? You do realize that when he left in 1999 he turned day to day operations over to other people right? Common sense kind of dictates you can't run the day to day operations of a company like Bain and organize the Olympics at the same time. Once he left in 1999 he was not involved in the day to day operations of the company.

Romney kept reins, bargained hard on severance - The Boston Globe

But don't let the facts get in the way of your politics. The way we should do this is decide that everything Romney does is evil because he's a Republican. Then we should figure out why it's evil.

Upvote 0
Let me give you a clue, there are technologies called telephones, cell phones, internet, videoconference, email, file sharing, etc. Romney is not a receptionist.

CEO's hire people that report to him. I agree, Romney is incompetent, as he needed $1.3 billion Federal subsidies plus Utah had to kick in for the Olympics . As a Registered Lobbyist, Romney did well in fleecing the taxpayers, but he has a history of that behavior.

McCain called for a Federal investigation for this pork-barrel project as a rip-off of the American taxpayers.

A President has a cabinet of 15, so by your judgment Romney can't handle this responsibility.

btw, you should read the article you cited.

"Romney apparently was trying to shield himself from charges by President Obama

Upvote 0
Again, Romney had nothing to do with the investment decision at Bain after 1999. He kept the job titles and the revenue stream that came with them, but wasn't doing any of the day to day operations and investment decisions. He left those to his partners. At least according to his partners he did. I guess they are lying.

Upvote 0
Again, don't let the facts get in the way of your bias. We must start from the assumption that the guy is evil. Then we have to figure out exactly why he is evil.

"Before he left, tasks were doled out to other partners, including work on an investment committee and a compensation committee. He was not a partner in the new private equity funds launched in 2000 and 2001, meaning he had no role in assessing new investments, his partners said"

So his partners say he was not involved. But whatever. What do they know. They were there running the company.

Upvote 0
Which part of “sole stockholder, chairman of the board, chief executive officer, and president.” is not clear ? The "partners" were employees that Romney could fire at will, depending if they had a contract or not. If you don't think these employees didn't consult with the boss prior to making deals, you live on a different planet.

Upvote 0
Which part of “sole stockholder, chairman of the board, chief executive officer, and president.” is not clear ? The "partners" were employees that Romney could fire at will, depending if they had a contract or not. If you don't think these employees didn't consult with the boss prior to making deals, you live on a different planet.

So all of them are liars?

Upvote 0
Bain Capital is and was a Private Equity firm, it raises money to invest. From my previously cited source.

"Government documents filed by Mitt Romney and Bain Capital say Romney remained chief executive and chairman of the firm three years beyond the date he said he ceded control, even creating five new investment partnerships during that time."

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones