Extreme heating upGeneral

Last Updated:

1. piperchris

piperchris New Member This Topic's Starter

I posted a while back about my Eris heating up. Today I was on the phone to tech support for a computer issue. I had it on speaker phone and was on hold for about 30 minutes or so. I picked it up and it was so hot I dropped it. I checked the temp: 145.5f. I snapped a quick picture then put it in the freezer which has since cooled it down to 80f. I KNOW something has to be wrong with my phone but I have gone into the Verizon store already and they told me they can't do anything because I'm running the leaked version and that is most likely the problem. I called Verizon and they told me to go into the store. What should/can I do? Should I go in again with the new picture and show them? Is there anything I can do to fix it? Is it really the leaked software that is causing this?

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Well, you have a defective device or battery.

I'd swap out batteries and see if that remedied the situation. If not, time to go back to the store with the photo you have and try to get the phone replaced.

Some report getting better results going to a different store than the one where they were unsuccessful.

3. cornbreadfarts

cornbreadfarts Well-Known Member

batteries shouldn't go in the freezer. no matter how hot they are.

4. piperchris

piperchris New Member This Topic's Starter

That's good to know, however at that point I wasn't really worried about battery life or anything, I was worried about keeping it from exploding or catching my house on fire. I forgot to mention this is the stock battery as well.