Extreme Launcher Pro redraw lag to homescreen

Last Updated:

1. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Dec 17, 2009
    Oi k so I was usind ADW for a while and liked it. I like LP better because of the scrollable bar bit when I hit the home key or back up to home, about 50+% of the time it takes ten seconds to redraw. I do ude widgets but it should not be this bad.
    In settings I tried keeping LP in memory, I set high mem useage and many of the other options and its the same. I even uninstalled wiped cache pulled battery and its the same.
    Is there a setting config I should be using, or not?
    Please help, its terrible

2. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

Mar 2, 2010
    I see that you are rooted and rom'd. The only thing I can think of is that there may be an incompatibility with something in your rom. I have my LauncherPro set to stay in memory and have memory usage preset at moderate. I do not experience these redraw issues any more.

There is a MotoDroid hack in the general settings. Have you tried enabling that? I also have that enabled along with the other settings I just mentioned. Also, have you made sure to clear any other launchers of at least widgets (I suggest everything)?

3. doomedromance

doomedromance Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    I was using launcher pro for several months because I didn't like how adw.Launcher selection thing looked. But since they've added these new things the damn thing redraws almost every time I hit home. I went back to adw.Launcher and it happens a million times less and I like the way adw does the second bar better. They added up down gestures and I set them both to show the second bar. I hated when launcher pro added that scrollable bars. And every update since has made it slower and more redraw prone on my phone. No matter how would set the memory kill settings in the bin launcher pro would always get kicked out. Back to adw and love it.

Here's the latest LauncherPro I was using that wasn't giving me all the lag and freezes the current Launcher pro was doing. It has the scrollable bars and you can choose between 1-3 but it doesnt have that notification in the bar crap he added. It still redraws on me 10x as much as ADW does. ADW redraws on my like 1-3 times a day. LP does it 1-3+ times an hour.

LauncherPro 0.6.4