Extreme Road Trip Battery Drain

1. frenzynator

frenzynator New Member

First of all, I am not sure if this belongs in this forum, but since it's due to a game, I thought I might try here.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus running Ice Cream Sandwich, haven't rooted it or done anything of that sort.

Anyways, (I have a screenshot but can't post it, so I'll describe it) my phone was fully charged, and in the course of 8 hours it ran down to 50%. In this time, I must have only turned the screen on on the phone for a mere 15 or 20 minutes. In galaxy nexus, screen is a major battery drain, and the screen battery portion used is 23% of the battery (Generally it's at 50 or 60%). However, my extreme road trip battery usage is at 16% even though I didn't even run it. Also, when I click on extreme road trip in the battery place it says I cannot force stop it. Is this a problem with the game itself, or something else completely?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Netherdragon

Netherdragon Well-Known Member

to be honest dude, if its using battery without being opened and you can't stop the app, then i'm going to point my finger squarely at the app.

Have you tried shutting your phone down completely and doing a full reboot to close the app.

If this doesn't work remove it, because something is not right there.
  3. frenzynator

frenzynator New Member

Thanks Netherdragon...I decided to uninstall the app, and over the last two days, the battery has been behaving normally again.

It is quite interesting though that none of the reviews of the app mention the battery problem...it's what made me unsure of whether it was the app or if something was wrong with my phone in the first place.