• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help extreme slow internet speeds evo 3g

Paushes

Lurker
Feb 18, 2011
HTC EVO 4G
Now first things first you cannot compare my thread to anyone else because my speeds are 10 kilobytes when people complaining at 60kb/s and the funny thing is that would be all i want JUST 60! (3g speeds i dont have 4g where im at)

so Download speeds have sucked ever since i bought it like 2 days after christmas and the weird thing is upload speed is 8x faster i just dont get it,
ive called support and they updated the firmware and all that other stuff, but nope.
thanks sprint..
if you could help me fix this i would be so grateful:thinking:

Everywhere i go its always been a consistent .09 mb/s and upload going to like .60mb/s which makes no sense at all, i always have like 4-6 bars...
no one here had this problem and fixed it dramatically?

Well sounds like its not a location thing.. And from the sounds of it you updated your PRL and profile on the phone with sprint.

You could try this:

(Fix) Downloads for Music apps and faster 3G - xda-developers

or a slight variant here:

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...r-solution-fix-your-slow-3g-speeds-evo4g.html

but like you said, those usually help with semi-slow speeds, not 10kbps..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones