Extreme SMS LaggSupport

Last Updated:

1. sycron

sycron Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Lately my X has been experining this crazy lagg when i access the SMS app. I have to wait a few seconds just to pull up someones name on the list. I think that this is caused because its saving every single message i've ever recieved... and the sad part is the phone doesn't give you a option to limit this.

The Droid1 gave a option, I think mine was at 200, so 200 messages were always kept, the old ones got deleted. Does the Droid X have this option hidden somewhere? Otherwise this lagg is not what I want to deal with.

Advertisement
  2. johnnyo4evr

johnnyo4evr Member

Same problem...anyone have a solution to why this is happening?!? Takes me like 15-30 seconds just to load the txt message and typing lags as well..same with loading the names of the contacts in my inbox

3. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

Stock text app?

4. johnnyo4evr

johnnyo4evr Member

yeah, stock text app. there's a diff app we can use for texting? I did a hard reset. which has helped so far but hopefully the issue won't come back!

5. sycron

sycron Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah stock. I really don't want to have to change SMS Apps just to stop this lagg.

6. Flying_Hellfish

Flying_Hellfish Well-Known Member

long press the name in the SMS list and press, delete conversation. I've had to do that a few times with the people I txt the most.

I know this isn't a perfect solution but it works.